Mage vs. Fighter

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Calathon
Marshall

Re: Mage vs. Fighter

Post by Calathon »

Vroqren wrote:This makes me think of a potentially awesome mod where you get the opportunity to fight a really well developed enemy of the other class (basically like the flipside of whatever your build is).
Sounds nice and might be a pretty good challenge as well! I was thinking about how entertaining it could be if you could fight characters of other players. Something like an arena in which you could compete with others just to see how good (or bad) your build is. :wink:
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
JakBot
Pledge

Post by JakBot »

Tier 6 invisibility costs 49 mana and with high enough meditation and perception you'll get 90 mana in the 18 turns the invisibility lasts, so +41 mana per invisibility. This can be a tough nut to crack for fighters as they couldn't see a mage while (s)he regenerates (roughly 2.3 mana per turn regeneration average).

Though I've noticed some monsters see through the invisibility and they only get -90% to hit chance, not sure what the mechanism is behind this. Haven't tested this, but if you can combine invisibility with chameleon with cumulative effects, I don't think you can be hit. Chameleon costs 29 mana and lasts 120 turns so it'll cut your mana regeneration to only about 2 per turn total and the highest tier spells cost 49 mana to cast so you have to wait 25 turns to cast them.

Then throw in a few divination skills that allow you to heal the damage you could get if 1/100 hits will actually hit you, I don't think this combo is beatable. Especially considering that you are most likely running away from the fighter all the time, so he'll be able to land a hit only when you turn and when you cast. But still, nothing I said here has been tested and I'm just speculating.
Last edited by JakBot on February 26th, 2014, 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Make mod;

All strong mage type enemies can use a glitterdust spell.

All strong fighter type enemies carry a bag of flour and a gardeners blower.

All beasts have ESP powers.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole