E3 Hall of Champions

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: E3 Hall of Champions

Post by raverdave2k »

Usually all of my Book play throughs have been nice mellow affairs with no attention made to the challenges and food / drink and repair turned off, this weekend however I decided to go all out with all the modifiers on and try for as many challenges as possible.

Was somewhat slow going without the use of quick travel (my first time doing so in any of the series), thanks god for the Portal spell. that said still managed to complete it in one weekend, wasn't sure I was going to have enough cash to hit up all the trainers for Jack off all traded and still have enough left over to make Wealthy lord but just managed to scrape through with both :mrgreen:
eb3_screen47.jpg
eb3_screen47.jpg (204.59 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

SpottedShroom wrote:I leveled up naturally, always putting all points into Endurance. I got the +2 Strength from the Wizardtorium and +1 stat point from the secret area SW in Rockhammer before level 2, though. I suppose if I'd been hardcore, I could have tried to get the +2 Strength from the witch's lair, too. That's probably how to beat my 704.
Are you sure you didn't "save up" some levelling up at some point? I'd been curious what the absolute max HP is in the game and I seem to be unable to get higher than 609, if I level up normally. I wonder if there's some attribute-increasing thing somewhere in the game that I'm forgetting about, though I did look through all the available game scripts.

Here's the char I had been testing with, with some XP-and-stat-boosting items in inventory: http://apocalyptech.com/eschalon/misc/c ... hp_starter - Male, Nor'lander, STR 15, END 36, HP 87. My technique was to use the Gem of Strength four times (simulating Wizardtorium and Emayu Lair), Orb of Bonus once (simulating the Rockhammer secret), and then Gem of XP to start levelling up. (Once you get high enough, the Gem of Major XP becomes more convenient.)

If I level up "all at once" to level 30, I can manage HP of 813, which is nicely impressive. This is enough to survive Karamiklan's attack, btw! If you survive the onslaught, the Malkur/Erubor cutscene starts playing regardless, and you get to participate in the endgame. Fun! If anyone manages that For Real in the game, I would love to hear about it, and also love to know how long it took to camp through all that XP while staying at level 1. :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

xolotl wrote: Are you sure you didn't "save up" some levelling up at some point? I'd been curious what the absolute max HP is in the game and I seem to be unable to get higher than 609, if I level up normally. I wonder if there's some attribute-increasing thing somewhere in the game that I'm forgetting about, though I did look through all the available game scripts.

Here's the char I had been testing with, with some XP-and-stat-boosting items in inventory: http://apocalyptech.com/eschalon/misc/c ... hp_starter - Male, Nor'lander, STR 15, END 36, HP 87. My technique was to use the Gem of Strength four times (simulating Wizardtorium and Emayu Lair), Orb of Bonus once (simulating the Rockhammer secret), and then Gem of XP to start levelling up. (Once you get high enough, the Gem of Major XP becomes more convenient.)

If I level up "all at once" to level 30, I can manage HP of 813, which is nicely impressive. This is enough to survive Karamiklan's attack, btw! If you survive the onslaught, the Malkur/Erubor cutscene starts playing regardless, and you get to participate in the endgame. Fun! If anyone manages that For Real in the game, I would love to hear about it, and also love to know how long it took to camp through all that XP while staying at level 1. :)
Huh. Yeah, I definitely didn't save any level-ups. Also keep in mind that 704 is with all of the HP-boosting items I could find, of which there are more than I expected. And I spent 1 point on Strength again as soon as I had both +2s from Wizardtorium and Emayu Lair because at that point it was more efficient than a single point of Endurance.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Congrats EIII.jpg
Congrats EIII.jpg (187.91 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
And here is my sorry attempt at completion. Alas, no chance of being a healer as I really liked killing Edgar!
Still need to figure out this game and play it with 20% bonus, not a big fat ZERO!!! But at least I got there, right? RIGHT???? And every time I have played this chronicle I wished there were a way to alter your armor like you can weapons. Obviously it is in the game as armor comes with Freeze+ and Elements+, etc. Hard to find tough light armor for the hands and waist when the most you get is an armor rating 2 (for hands) and 4 (for belt) with no serious fun-nage, like Mana + or hit points or strength, blah blah blah! Can there be a fourth game to show what happened when I sided with Malkur? Do the citizens go haywire knowing the world is ending and rebellions run amok? THAT would be a fun little night cap!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Screen shot 2014-05-02 at 7.32.00 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2014-05-02 at 7.32.00 PM.jpg (157.35 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
And my latest attempt. Still sucks that I cannot get to the end with true healer, especially when going without armor and weapons! Tanking was not an option, I found out, THE HARD WAY!!!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!