E3 Hall of Champions

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: E3 Hall of Champions

Post by Vroqren »

Farwalker wrote: Is that possible? True healer is tough, I've heard in the final battle if any of your allies die you fail it. So how do you pull it off with 0 kills?
This build is a tank. Like I said - every attribute point is going into endurance, and I plan on having heavy armor and shields. Hopefully, I'll be able to just run into the battle with tons of potions, and take all of the hits without every having to attack.
I think the entire game can be completed without a single kill. I did it in Book II. The only monsters I think I would need to kill are two of them in the Akadai Underground, which we know is optional (Kinda).

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Vroqren wrote:
Farwalker wrote: Is that possible? True healer is tough, I've heard in the final battle if any of your allies die you fail it. So how do you pull it off with 0 kills?
This build is a tank. Like I said - every attribute point is going into endurance, and I plan on having heavy armor and shields. Hopefully, I'll be able to just run into the battle with tons of potions, and take all of the hits without every having to attack.
I think the entire game can be completed without a single kill. I did it in Book II. The only monsters I think I would need to kill are two of them in the Akadai Underground, which we know is optional (Kinda).
I just finished a max endurance build, final max HP 704. I look forward to seeing if you can beat my record :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

SpottedShroom wrote: I just finished a max endurance build, final max HP 704.
:shock:
I don't think I will be able to, as I won't be able to kill any enemies for xp, or even complete half of the quests. I do want to do that though - 704 HP sounds quite impressive, much more than I've ever gotten in any game.
Just to know if I'm kind of on track (and for future builds in which I try specifically to beat you): how many HP did you start with? I rolled a 14 and put all 20 points into it, and I believe I start with 81-87. Somewhere around there.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Vroqren wrote:
I don't think I will be able to, as I won't be able to kill any enemies for xp, or even complete half of the quests. I do want to do that though - 704 HP sounds quite impressive, much more than I've ever gotten in any game.
Just to know if I'm kind of on track (and for future builds in which I try specifically to beat you): how many HP did you start with? I rolled a 14 and put all 20 points into it, and I believe I start with 81-87. Somewhere around there.
I started with rolled 14s in Endurance and Strength. I took Male for +1 Strength and Nor'lander for +2 Endurance, and put all 20 points into Endurance, for 15 Strength, 36 Endurance, and 87 starting HP (15*1+36*2).
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Vroqren wrote:
I started with rolled 14s in Endurance and Strength. I took Male for +1 Strength and Nor'lander for +2 Endurance, and put all 20 points into Endurance, for 15 Strength, 36 Endurance, and 87 starting HP (15*1+36*2).
How long did you wait for your first level up? I remember having fun with a super-high Endurance build in E1, but haven't tried it since.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Farwalker wrote: How long did you wait for your first level up? I remember having fun with a super-high Endurance build in E1, but haven't tried it since.
I leveled up naturally, always putting all points into Endurance. I got the +2 Strength from the Wizardtorium and +1 stat point from the secret area SW in Rockhammer before level 2, though. I suppose if I'd been hardcore, I could have tried to get the +2 Strength from the witch's lair, too. That's probably how to beat my 704.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

ha - you're revealing your weaknesses to the enemy. My next playthrough is going to be soly dedicated to beating you (I'll be getting max level instead of going for True Healer).

Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Vroqren wrote:ha - you're revealing your weaknesses to the enemy.
:roll:
Chaotic Newt Ral
Initiate

Post by Chaotic Newt Ral »

Pacifist challenge:
http://imgur.com/a/Oj74S#1
[+] SPOILER
Build: Mage + Alchemist.

Skipped quests:

1. "The Curius Case of Edgar" - haven't found a peaceful folution (Turn Undead spell made Edgar to flee, but not to calm down).
Completed "The Curse of Bittersting" though.

2. "Cleaning up the Riff Raff"
I guess, this one could be completed as well (since there are camp spawns in Seawarden's Guild).

3. "A King's Head" - decided to "Finding Another Way" instead.

Skipped secrets:

In Moonrise Underground. No idea where Basilisk keeps the key from prison )
Decided to avoid him for perfect 0 kills ending.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Chaotic Newt Ral wrote:Pacifist challenge:
http://imgur.com/a/Oj74S#1
Nicely done. I'm going for the 0 kills, but with the rue Healer as well. One question: Did you complete the Exterminator quest (Rockhammer mine roaches)? I brought every single roach to Logi, and he killed them all, but there's an invisible boundary that the queen couldn't follow me past, so I had to abandon it.

EDIT: Yeah - scratch all that. I just loaded my save, and found that I had a single kill - I accidentally killed a skeleton with a powder keg, but didn't notice.
So... I'm moving on to my next build - Max HP. I think I'll play it through with Cleaving Weapons.

Chaotic Newt Ral
Initiate

Post by Chaotic Newt Ral »

Vroqren wrote: Did you complete the Exterminator quest (Rockhammer mine roaches)?
Yes. Think about it from the other hand:
[+] SPOILER
Just lure Logi to the room with cogwheels using "Graven Idol" spell.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Ah - interesting. Okay, good to know. I think I've decided to still complete my playthrough for True Healer, I just won't be getting 0 kills. Just 1 kill.
I did also start my max HP character, but I decided to mix him with the exploit abuser. A question for that: It was reported once that you could collect money from Morwen multiple times, with no consequence (such as not being able to get to Rockhammer Mine lv. 2). How exactly is this done?

Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

10/13 challenges complete. All except for True Mage, True Healer and Hellbringer. True Healer is really hard as a ranger.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Ssschah wrote:10/13 challenges complete. All except for True Mage, True Healer and Hellbringer. True Healer is really hard as a ranger.
Interesting - I got about 11,000 points whilst completing only two challenges (Journeymaster and Wealthy Lord). Strange...
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

IJBall wrote:
Ssschah wrote:10/13 challenges complete. All except for True Mage, True Healer and Hellbringer. True Healer is really hard as a ranger.
Interesting - I got about 11,000 points whilst completing only two challenges (Journeymaster and Wealthy Lord). Strange...
I didn't complete many quests. Heck, I never got around to reaching the blackened bone tavern because I was too lazy; The Journeymaster was one of the most painful things, especially when considering how to get through that castle by the sea. I bet main quests have at least a moderate impact on your score and I essentially only completed the first and last.