E3 Hall of Champions

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

E3 Hall of Champions

Post by Farwalker »

Here's a place to share your victory screenshots and character descriptions. Show us your awesome (or not-so-awesome) accomplishments so we can say "oooo" and "ahhhh!" :D

My first explorer... well I never got around to leveling him up. So yes, you can win as a Level 1 Layman! Also, you can apparently win with only one crux gem.

Calathon
Marshall

Re: E3 Hall of Champions

Post by Calathon »

My first game:
eb3_screen3.jpg
eb3_screen3.jpg (119.14 KiB) Viewed 12838 times
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
SharpXe
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by SharpXe »

did game in single night run, only spoilers used is last puzzle, i found it extremely stupid and counter intuitive to ever attempt to solve myself.
sgrex
Initiate

Post by sgrex »

My first character was a fighter. I put most points in light armor and swords. Not sure that was a good decision, because the game felt pretty difficult, I had to run away and camp to heal after nearly every fight. Kill a goblin, run away, kill a goblin, run away.

I wanted to see how it ends, so I left out some of the later sidequests, and I didn't spend any extra time searching for secrets, and pretty much ignored the challenges. Also I couldn't find that stupid spring, so I bombkegged my way through the Ormentor temple. In the finale, I sided with Malkur. No idea who's right, but the end of our civilization sounded better than the end of everything.

Game mode was Challenging, 3 out of 4, Food+Water, EquipmentWear and NoRandomization turned on, SavingRestrictions off.

Played with Linux-Steam version
Ending Screen Level 16 Fighter
Ending Screen Level 16 Fighter
eb3_screen2.jpg (116.32 KiB) Viewed 12799 times
sgrex
Initiate

Post by sgrex »

My second character was a Mage. Second already? Yep, I got lucky that EB3 was release in February, I have holidays. Trying to spend as much time as possible here now, because I know I won't have any from March to July.

This time, I tried to go for the challenges. I looked up spoilers for the puzzles I haven't figured out, like where the spring is. I put most attribute points into PER, INT and WIS, and skill points into Elementary first, and then Divination and Mercantile. I did all sidequests I found except one because I couldn't find a way to do it without losing True Healer.

With the high mercantile, I had enough money to buy most skills that were required for the Jack-Of-All-Trades Challenge. It also made Wealthy Lord possible.

True Mage was easy. So was Untouchable, and Journeymaster. Getting from one point to another took a while, but on a second playthrough, I already know what to find where, so no useless running around looking for things.

Immaculate and True Thief are ones that I failed a lot, but then I always reloaded. Perhaps not the most honest way to play, but whatever.

The most difficult challenge was True Healer, because not only are you not allowed to kill friendly creatures youself, no, you also can't allow friendly creatures be killed by others. As you can imagine, that made the last battle really hard. I had to get through without the enemy killing even one of my allies, or else, True Healer would fail. Against the archers, that meant I had to stand in front of my army with Dense Nimbus, trying to attract all arrows away from everyone else and killing them as fast as possible with Fireballs before my army catches up. The melee enemies were somewhat easier, just lots and lots of Ice Lances.

Just surviving the final battle as a mage wasn't difficult, you can always use invisibility to stay out of harm's way, and high mercantile means I could afford many fortify mana and mana potions. However, the True Healer challenge was hard. I'm not sure if TH would even be possible as a melee fighter as you need to take out the enemies as fast as possible, even the ones currently not in melee range, fighting your allies. Perhaps a ranger could do it though.

Play Mode was everything on except Save-Restrictions. That choice was because I knew without quicksaving, I would have never gotten through the final battle with True Healer.

So, 9 Challenges successfully completed. Is it possible to do more? Hellbringer and Pacifist are obviously mutually exclusive, but some of the others might work together in a Pacifist attempt.
Final Screen, second playthough, Mage Level 21, 9 Challenges
Final Screen, second playthough, Mage Level 21, 9 Challenges
eb3_screen1.jpg (128.39 KiB) Viewed 12777 times
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Farwalker wrote: My first explorer... well I never got around to leveling him up. So yes, you can win as a Level 1 Layman! Also, you can apparently win with only one crux gem.

I can't even begin to comprehend completing this as a level 1 character, I doubt I could even make it through to Moonrise as Level 1, never mind make it through half of the dungeons or Mirkland and unless you hid in a corner and let your allys fight for you I can't see the end battle being possible at ll :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Put apart from that here's my honour badge from one of my play throughs during testing, it's the only one I ended up taking a screen shot of:
eb3_screen17.jpg
eb3_screen17.jpg (205.58 KiB) Viewed 12756 times
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

Here's my latest speedrun of Book III
Minttunator
Initiate

Post by Minttunator »

Just finished the game a moment ago with pretty much the same build I've been using since Book I (mainly focusing on elemental magic).

I'd just like to take this moment to say thank you to Basilisk Games - it's been quite a journey and while Book III wasn't as great as the previous game and the ending was a bit of an anticlimax, I still had tons of fun along the way. You guys deserve a lot of praise for making turn-based RPGs, especially during the 2007-2013 period when very few other companies were. I hope Book III does well and you can continue making games - I'm looking forward to your next project! :)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Nine challenges at once, nicely done sgrex!
Whalefish
Pledge

Post by Whalefish »

First playthrough. I didn't check any spoilers from internet. Because I was doing journeyman, I got tired of running around and didn't do any of the quests that required running around once I got close to endgame.

I also happened to sell all the Snows of May books that I found before I realized I needed them for one (two?) of the sidequests. At that time the vendors had already recycled.

(how to get image show as whole?)

And I tried to do the True Healer, but the final battle was too hard. I sided with the good guys and tried it several times but just couldn't get it done. I couldn't kill the enemies fast enough, I also tried to tank them up in parry mode but that always ended into some taurax going after dwarves and killing them.

I didn't have the artifact bow (didn't find it because I was tired of running around and didn't bother to run to moonrise anymore). But, after all, it was fun. I had lots of trouble with one chest that had a disease trap and needed to be opened. Finally I realized I can bash the chest long enough for the trap to go off and then just open the chest.

Now to 2nd playthrough with a relaxed mage char. I'm not going for any of the challenges, instead I'll look into spoilers and try to explore everything there is.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

This time finished as a mage:
Attachments
eb3_screen5.jpg
eb3_screen5.jpg (163.35 KiB) Viewed 12628 times
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

raverdave2k wrote:
Farwalker wrote: My first explorer... well I never got around to leveling him up. So yes, you can win as a Level 1 Layman! Also, you can apparently win with only one crux gem.
I can't even begin to comprehend completing this as a level 1 character, I doubt I could even make it through to Moonrise as Level 1, never mind make it through half of the dungeons or Mirkland and unless you hid in a corner and let your allys fight for you I can't see the end battle being possible at ll :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
First time I explored Mirkland in detail I was carrying a bunch of invisibility potions. Snuck my way through, dropped a powder keg and shot it from a distance to take care of that fight.

That seemed boring so I reloaded and avoided that fight. I've now taken the pre-end save and am back in Mirkwood slowly taking out the baddies. Feat bow attack followed by Spark. Rain is nice for the Spark. Still Level 1 making good progress when I feel the urge to dabble.

Once Mirkwood topside areas are clear I'll try underground. That'll be my last area to clear.

Edit: Oh, if you meant the END end battle, it really wasn't that bad. Certainly not your uber-mage approach, I was actually fighting WITH my allies, but I took a good chunk of them down.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Completed my third playthrough (Though it's only the second I've completed), Perrin the Barbarian.
Next up: The pacifist tank (don't have a name yet).
Goals: 0 kills, true healer
Every attribute point into Endurance, every skill point into armor, dodge, mercantile, and pick locks.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Vroqren wrote: Next up: The pacifist tank (don't have a name yet).
Goals: 0 kills, true healer
Every attribute point into Endurance, every skill point into armor, dodge, mercantile, and pick locks.
Is that possible? True healer is tough, I've heard in the final battle if any of your allies die you fail it. So how do you pull it off with 0 kills?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Just finished another play through, my first ever proper outing as a mage in any of the Eschalon titles, it was actually a lot easier than I expected, certainly easier than my fighter builds and is something I will be looking to go back and try in the first two titles.
eb3_screen38.jpg
eb3_screen38.jpg (194.64 KiB) Viewed 12404 times
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here