Stuck! (early-ish unmarked spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Jenna
Apprentice

Stuck! (early-ish unmarked spoilers)

Post by Jenna »

Not physically stuck. I'm just a bit lost as to where I'm meant to be at in the game. I did a couple of things early (like clearing under the guild before I got to Moonrise and realised it was a quest.) I've just made it to under the witch's house, but I feel I'm missing a secret tunnel or a lever or something because I can only get a tiny bit through it. I think this is where I'm meant to be - I've tried going through the Mirkland gate and over to the island but I'm not strong enough to fight the goblins or the fish guys yet. I'm just wandering around right now wondering where I'm meant to be going! Must have been that concussion haha!
munster
Senior Steward

Re: Stuck! (early-ish unmarked spoilers)

Post by munster »

I take it that now you're in Elderoak Forest.
[+] SPOILER
Assuming you haven't done so already, you need to find the hidden Ranger camp and talk to the leader there. He'll give you a quest associated with the witch's house.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

You mean you've cleared out the Seawarden's Guild? Then I expect you to be strong enough to take on the Akadai, depending somewhat on what your main attack skill is.
In the witch lair you'll need something ranged to reset a lever that you can't otherwise reach, but expect challenges further on.

The start of the game is fairly easy, but you're probably at the point that you need to have a good attack skill to deal with hostile creatures.
Jenna
Apprentice

Post by Jenna »

Aha! Thanks! I have already done the hidden rangers camp, but I didn't realise I needed to hit a lever with my bow. That makes sense! Hooray, no longer stuck!

And yes, I cleared out the Seawarden's Guild, not really sure how since I did it with like a copper sword and everything. I'm much better armed now (I'm a fighter - no magic) but I went to fight the frog guys and I couldn't even get a dent in the first one before I died. So I figure I need to up my levels a little bit more before I go back there.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I went through and did every side quest up until Macross Point before going to Mirkland with my fighter. I am pretty well prepared for it, but not overly so. (I'm level 11 for a reference).

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests