Secrets in Rockhammer Mine Level 2?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Erdrick27
Pledge

Secrets in Rockhammer Mine Level 2?

Post by Erdrick27 »

Hey,

I just have a couple questions about secret areas:
[+] SPOILER
The first is in Rockhammer mine level 2, directly to the left as you enter the second level it branches off and there's a metal door with some chests behind it that I can't figure out how to get open. There's also an area slightly further in and behind some mine carts with some lights and I can't seem to get to. There's also another area in rockhammer level 2 where I followed some minecart tracks and get into a stone room with a gate, but if you go to the other side and mouse around you can see a barrel back there. It looks like you should be able to get to it but something is blocking it off. I tried to blow it up with no luck.
[+] SPOILER
Also in the cave where you kill the witch and can save the tree. There's a gate in there and I can't figure out how to open it up. There's a window to the south of the area but I can't seem to shoot anything back there to hit any possible switches. I've tried left shifting and using spells and the bow with no luck
Sorry for no screenshots of the areas but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, printscreen isn't working. Thanks!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Secrets in Rockhammer Mine Level 2?

Post by Vroqren »

The area you are referring to in Rockhammer mine Lv. 2 is just there to add ambiance. There is no way in without the use of an editor.
[+] SPOILER
The gate you are referring to in the witch's lair is not designed to open. Behind Olgulek there is a trapdoor that leads down to the other side of that gate. The lever you see it used for a secret area later in the dungeon.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Witch's Lair
[+] SPOILER
There is a switch there, but you didn't got back far enough along the line from the window.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

speaking of secrets I can't get to this barrel.

IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/30c2bl1.png[/IMG]
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Yeah, there's an invisible barrier there for some reason. No way to get there, you're not missing anything.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests