Lilith hostile

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Outlandish
Initiate

Lilith hostile

Post by Outlandish »

When I go to talk to Lilith, she won't actually attack me but I can't talk to her, only attack. A quick search said there was some kind of Lilith hostility bug that had supposedly been fixed; is there any way to set her non-hostile again? Finally after 8 or 10 new characters figuring out the systems I'd hit on one I was enjoying, don't want to restart as while I'm not too far in I've gotten fairly lucky with spell drops.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Lilith hostile

Post by IJBall »

Outlandish wrote:When I go to talk to Lilith, she won't actually attack me but I can't talk to her, only attack. A quick search said there was some kind of Lilith hostility bug that had supposedly been fixed; is there any way to set her non-hostile again? Finally after 8 or 10 new characters figuring out the systems I'd hit on one I was enjoying, don't want to restart as while I'm not too far in I've gotten fairly lucky with spell drops.
Likely only way is with either a Charm Spell or one of those Potions of Charm Cloud. Give those a shot...
helivoy
Steward

Post by helivoy »

Lilith's mood depends on where you meet her. To advance to the next stage of the main quest, you have to talk to her at the Baasilt Dunes. If you meet her at Macross Point she won't go beyond vague portentous warnings.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.
-------------------------------------
Starship Reckless
To Seek Out New Life
The Other Half of the Sky
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

It's possible for Lilith to see you take the things from the chest at the oasis and see you as having committed a crime. This triggered the "I can only attack Lilith" problem for me. If you have a save just before that point, you should be able to move forward and just open the chest after you've spoken to her or make sure she can't see you when you open it (stand behind the trees).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Or just kill the pain and collect some experience.
Outlandish
Initiate

Post by Outlandish »

Killing for the win, more xp than the quest is worth anyway I think. Thanks!
SharpXe
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by SharpXe »

NPC aggro at extremely high range if you open chests (and ever giant clams) and never turn neutral.

1. load save
2. restart
3. just kill everyone