Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Post Reply
Bob the Thief
Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Bob the Thief »

How do you get to RockHammer Mine Level 2? Both ways I found are closed off.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1467
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Randomizer »

You need to complete quests for Morwen (roaches) and Logi (scorpons), and then report back to them. Then return to the Mine and the way should be open.
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1367
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by SpottedShroom »

And there's a bug - if you kill the scorpions before you talk to Logi, you can't access the second level at all.
hakea
Apprentice
Posts: 24
Joined: February 20th, 2014, 2:03 am

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by hakea »

SpottedShroom wrote:And there's a bug - if you kill the scorpions before you talk to Logi, you can't access the second level at all.
I think that you can actually kill all the scorpions first but the key is you just mustn't tell Logi that you've killed them until he's given you the quest "officially". So you have a choice of either scamming him or getting access to level 2 of the mine.

On my my first run through the game, I got locked out of level 2 because I accidentally got his quest the wrong way round (discovering the gold scam but never knowing there even was a level 2).

So I just tested it out in a new game by killing all the scorpions but one and running that right up to Logi's door, and then saving before killing it (in case I needed to reload and keep one alive before talking to him). It didn't seem to make any difference though. All dead or not, I could either get the quest from him or cut straight to the scam. That's how it worked for me anyway.
[+] SPOILER
If you kill all the scorpions first you can keep telling him that the mine is now clear of scorpions and he'll keep giving you another 300 gold indefinitely. The necessary dialog line will stay available. You can even complete the shopkeeper's quest to get Logi to pay his tab, and still keep scamming him. But you can't then "properly" complete Logi's quest. So level 2 stays closed. :(
Last edited by hakea on February 23rd, 2014, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Thief
Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Bob the Thief »

Where do I find Logi? I paid his debt to the tavern keeper. But I never talked to him.

I hope he's not the dwarf you find on the first level of Rockhammer mine. In my world he's a little bit dead.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member
Posts: 224
Joined: January 8th, 2012, 6:06 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by raverdave2k »

Bob the Thief wrote:Where do I find Logi? I paid his debt to the tavern keeper. But I never talked to him.

I hope he's not the dwarf you find on the first level of Rockhammer mine. In my world he's a little bit dead.
Yup that would be him, did you end up robbing him and making him hostile too :mrgreen:
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
MarieM
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 12:19 pm

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by MarieM »

raverdave2k wrote:
Bob the Thief wrote:Where do I find Logi? I paid his debt to the tavern keeper. But I never talked to him.

I hope he's not the dwarf you find on the first level of Rockhammer mine. In my world he's a little bit dead.
Yup that would be him, did you end up robbing him and making him hostile too :mrgreen:

Yup, in my game he got the shock of his life and his heart gave out! :twisted: I really hope he is not needed for the rest of the game though? :(
Bob the Thief
Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Bob the Thief »

When I first went down there, I found the room of chests (NW) next to his room first. I did not see anyone around. Naturally, I had to see what was in the chests. Later when I can across him, he attacked first. I figured that he was a monster like the marauders in the SeaFairer's Guild dungeon, so I let him have it.

Perhaps there needs to be a way to stop fights with key NPCs if things get off on the wrong foot.

For instance, If I took Logi's stuff, there could be an opportunity to stop the fight. It could go something like this:

[FIght, Fight, Fight]
Me: Hey, wait a minute. I don't want to fight you.
Him: You stole my stuff!
Me: Sorry about that. Didn't know it was yours.
Him: Put what you stole back where you got it, and pay me 100 gold as penalty, and I'll let bygones be bygones.
Me: OK. (does that)
Him: Ok, now then....

There could be some NPC's that allow that option, and others where once you piss them off, you'll only have the fight option.
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1684
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by IJBall »

Bob the Thief wrote:Perhaps there needs to be a way to stop fights with key NPCs if things get off on the wrong foot.

For instance, If I took Logi's stuff, there could be an opportunity to stop the fight. It could go something like this:

[FIght, Fight, Fight]
Me: Hey, wait a minute. I don't want to fight you.
Him: You stole my stuff!
Me: Sorry about that. Didn't know it was yours.
Him: Put what you stole back where you got it, and pay me 100 gold as penalty, and I'll let bygones be bygones.
Me: OK. (does that)
Him: Ok, now then....

There could be some NPC's that allow that option, and others where once you piss them off, you'll only have the fight option.
That's a really cool idea. I wonder if there is any way to code for something like this?...
(E.G. After 2-5 rounds of combat, an options box "Do you want to continue fighting, or try talking you're way out of this?..." could pop up, and if you select "Try talking", the Dialogue Window with the above dialogue could appear (bonus, if there was a random component on whether the NPC agrees to stop fighting or not)...)

Very cool idea.

Let's hope BW maybe sees this post, and responds as to whether this kind of thing is even possible or not...
User avatar
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 847
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
Location: Yoma Narrows

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Vroqren »

There's a way to make sure he sees a post, but I'm awfully scared of that triangle button with the '!'. I'd say, if he doesn't see (or respond) to the post in a couple days, or when this is no longer the last page of the topic, try it.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Eddy
Initiate
Posts: 19
Joined: May 17th, 2010, 10:40 am

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Eddy »

MarieM wrote:
raverdave2k wrote:
Bob the Thief wrote:Where do I find Logi? I paid his debt to the tavern keeper. But I never talked to him.

I hope he's not the dwarf you find on the first level of Rockhammer mine. In my world he's a little bit dead.
Yup that would be him, did you end up robbing him and making him hostile too :mrgreen:

Yup, in my game he got the shock of his life and his heart gave out! :twisted: I really hope he is not needed for the rest of the game though? :(
:twisted:

He had a gate dropped on his head in my game.

I had no idea there was a level two of the mine.
hakea
Apprentice
Posts: 24
Joined: February 20th, 2014, 2:03 am

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by hakea »

Bob the Thief wrote:When I first went down there, I found the room of chests (NW) next to his room first. I did not see anyone around. Naturally, I had to see what was in the chests. Later when I can across him, he attacked first. I figured that he was a monster like the marauders in the SeaFairer's Guild dungeon, so I let him have it.

Perhaps there needs to be a way to stop fights with key NPCs if things get off on the wrong foot.

For instance, If I took Logi's stuff, there could be an opportunity to stop the fight. It could go something like this:

[FIght, Fight, Fight]
Me: Hey, wait a minute. I don't want to fight you.
Him: You stole my stuff!
Me: Sorry about that. Didn't know it was yours.
Him: Put what you stole back where you got it, and pay me 100 gold as penalty, and I'll let bygones be bygones.
Me: OK. (does that)
Him: Ok, now then....

There could be some NPC's that allow that option, and others where once you piss them off, you'll only have the fight option.
Really excellent idea. :D There were several occasions in this game where I couldn't initially see a character because they were tucked in a dark corner, or even outside the building.

Not having a good variety of dialogue options to match the sort of things that you would be very likely to actually want to say is common in many games. For instance, there's another game in development that I've been doing the Alpha version of recently where you can't simply walk up to any of the many legionnaires or other NPCs and ask them where the commander is. You get a long list of other generic questions, but not the one that you'd most want to ask to help get on with the main quest. Instead you have to search every building on the map until you find him.

I imagine that when the writers have a clear plot line in mind it's quite easy to overlook quite simple things that somebody fresh to the scene would naturally be likely to either want to do or say. It makes a good impression when the structure feels more flexible and realistic, and conversely it feels a bit weak when there's only one "right way".
Icy
Pledge
Posts: 2
Joined: February 19th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Re: Getting to Rockhammer mine Lvl2

Post by Icy »

I have that problem as well. He is dead in my world. I opened chest and looted his money. I didn't know Logi was critical to opening an access to Rockhammer level 2.

I respawned Logi by deleting Rockhammer files in hope that would solve my problem. He is still crying that I commited crime no matter what. :-(
Post Reply