Dodge OP skill?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
MaximB
Senior Steward

Dodge OP skill?

Post by MaximB »

I have never tried this skill before, but from the looks of it you can theoretically reach 30% dodge by lvl 10.
(more practically be lvl 15 or so as you have other skills to invest in)
What is the maximum level you can reach? (and what level do you usually reach by games end?)
How much dodge % do you reach by the end (practically)?

How this skill is calculated?
If a monster has 60% chance to hit you, and you got 20 points in dodge, so the monster has a chance of 40% to hit you?

Also, where can I get training at dodge skill?

Thanks,
Maxim.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Dodge OP skill?

Post by KillingMoon »

Book III is the first book where the Dodge skill has been tied to the Speed attribute, although the manual or in-game text help hasn't been updated to reflect this. Dodge should be better than your calculations suggest, but how exactly Speed has been factored in I don't know.

There's no trainer for Dodge in Book III, just a book (The Fly's Defense).
serenetempest
Apprentice

Post by serenetempest »

If you invest 30 points in a skill you should expect nice results.

You could have invest 30 points in Elemental magic and be teleporting all over the world, rendering yourself invisible at will, and laying waste to all around you with supernovas and ice lances.

If you split those 30 points between heavy armor proficiency and shield proficiency you could be nigh-untouchable between your armor class and damage reduction.

I haven't tried this in Book III, but in Book II if you invested 15 points in Move Silently and 15 in Hide in Shadows you could practically be standing right next to an enemy and pummeling it and it would be looking around trying to spot you.

Compared to those options, I don't think a 30% miss chance followed up with a strong counterattack is OP.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

[+] SPOILER
There is a light and heavy armor and shield trainer in E3 if I am not mistaken, so pour any point you planned to put in those skills in dodge instead.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole