Ranimer quest bug report **SPOILERS**

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
smsmsm
Pledge

Ranimer quest bug report **SPOILERS**

Post by smsmsm »

I can't seem to get the "meaning of the note" quest on time from Ranimer in elderoak.

I get the quest from the sister, and complete it.

Ranimer tells me about the mysterious note, but I don't get the option to ask him about the note. I think I had already opened the locked gate myself at that point, I can't remember.

I go through the dungeon, kill everything including the witch on the other side. The tree thanks me.

I go back to Ranimer, and I still can't get the quest. However, I can tell Ranimer I know the meaning of the note.

If I select that option, then ask him again about the forest, I get the option to ask about the meaning of the note. At which point I get the quest. And the quest seems incompletable.

I don't seem to be the first one to have encountered this issue, see the steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257870/di ... 762567502/

I suppose I'll miss out on a little experience. Nothing else, right?

Great game, though tougher than Book II.
agnari
Senior Steward

Re: Ranimer quest bug report **SPOILERS**

Post by agnari »

believe it relates to opening the entrance to the lair without the Note and Book of Snow.

if you come to Rainman having just Opened the entryway and not even killing the witch he doesn't give you the note either.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Ranimer quest bug report **SPOILERS**

Post by KillingMoon »

What would be interesting to know is how the situation can be reproduced of you not being able to ask Ranimer for the note, while you haven't yet opened up the passage with the magic password.

If you still have a save which reflects this situation, that also would be interesting.