Witch house and underground

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Seamus69
Initiate

Witch house and underground

Post by Seamus69 »

I have put the 5 lbs of stuff, armor and weapons, in the trunk and nothing happens. Is there a particular combination of materials?
Also, I have reached the point in the underground portion where you can pick one of two stars. One takes you to a place where you have to fight for your life, and the other takes you to a room with a door that I cannot pick the lock on. Is there a switch in the room? I am trying to get across the river somehow.

Thanks
Seamus
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Witch house and underground

Post by raverdave2k »

So far as I know it makes no difference what the items are, but it does have to be exactly 5lb, 5 point something won't work.

If your still having trouble there are a few single items that are exactly 5lb you could try
[+] SPOILER
Ingot, found or purchased from an inn or a water skin with a few swigs taken
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Seamus69
Initiate

Post by Seamus69 »

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Seamus69
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

Seamus69 wrote: Also, I have reached the point in the underground portion where you can pick one of two stars. One takes you to a place where you have to fight for your life, and the other takes you to a room with a door that I cannot pick the lock on. Is there a switch in the room? I am trying to get across the river somehow.

Thanks
Seamus
[+] SPOILER
I seem to recall that you need to fight your way through the tough side in order to find a certain key that you might need to unlock that unpickable lock.... If I'm wrong, at least you'll get a good chunk of XP points and loot. :) ..
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The key to the first lock is in a chest if you go right after finding the traps.

The key to an even harder lock is past the tough fight.
Seamus69
Initiate

Post by Seamus69 »

Thank you. I got the underground part figured out, but I still cannot get the chest part to work. Going to try some more combinations. Is it possible there is a bug? It seems that I am not the only one now that I look back.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

As far as the underground part goes:
[+] SPOILER
I fought each skeleton individually on my first playthrough as well, and then went and found the switches that spawn the kegs. I've used those both of my other playthroughs.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests