blue satans, I am broke, but that is ok, and tips

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

blue satans, I am broke, but that is ok, and tips

Post by kelticpete »

so I am playing a ranger. I don't want to cast spells so I can get true alchemist.

I am RP a rogue/ranger who never uses magic, never buys potions or food, (if I could do-over I would never fast travel, cause you f#cking starve if you fast travel too much without buying food.

some questions:
a) when does forage actually get you some effing re-agents?
b) all the suggestions for blue meanies in forest involve magic. what about ranger build? I am willing to use melee.
c) any tips on making some dough?

at first I was kind of bummed you can't farm more, i miss that, but then I thought maybe it would be fun to be a broke ranger. hey, it has been fun. but I need money now.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
VDK
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: blue satans, I am broke, but that is ok, and tips

Post by VDK »

One thing you can do for ANY class. Go by the statue which is in a corner. Usually the blue guys spawn in 3 pair. 1 will appear near you and the other 2 will be far out of the way. Save right when the encounter happens. Dont move or attack or do anything. Load the same game and the blue guy who is close will be only one who attacks. Move silently helps too. You might have to load the game to get them close enough. However this could equal 250x3 exp each time.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

statue? they are across a river. I will go look for one. but I can't save/load during combat.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

a) Foraging at level 3 starts getting you brimstone.
b) Use the bow feat since it doesn't go away if the blue nadaria gets it's 50% resistance to piercing.
c) Mercantile raise into the 20s and repairing items in poor quality to good as mercantile goes higher.
Skeleton farming works too. :)
VDK
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by VDK »

kelticpete wrote:statue? they are across a river. I will go look for one. but I can't save/load during combat.
No the stone that lets you quick travel to forest. You have to look for way around to opposite side of river. I was referring to quick fights at camping and way to exp farm and get some levels. It works really well and you can not only save/load in combat. You can save right after you attack if you are quick enough.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

tell me more about foraging giving you alchemy. do you have to also have alchemy?

cause i have foraging at 7 and am only getting food.

I have alchemy at 1.

I have been putting all my money into foraging, which I started with at like level 1 or 2 and spent a few points in because I was getting hungry. I also spent $ on lore, bludgeoning 1 and 2 (screw you swarms!) and lock pick.

i have about a 1000 gold now.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")