OLD MOONRISE

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Diannew
Initiate

OLD MOONRISE

Post by Diannew »

I have missed Old Moonrise. How do I get there?

Dianne
kelticpete
Council Member

Re: OLD MOONRISE

Post by kelticpete »

you have to wait until the moon is high in the sky.

(really, you do, if you follow the directions)

how do you get to MOONRISE......(anyone else catch that?)
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

kelticpete wrote:you have to wait until the moon is high in the sky.

(really, you do, if you follow the directions)

how do you get to MOONRISE......(anyone else catch that?)
Wouldn't moonrise be when the moon is at the horizon?
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

i guess you are right. I wonder why we had to wait when it was inthe sky.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

Can you see where the moon is in this game when it gets dark though?

What I mean is that sunset and moonrise aren't actually directly related in the real world anyway. Sometimes the moon rises very late at night and sometimes during the day. There are times when you can clearly see it in the daytime.

You do have to wait until it's been dark for a bit in the game, but I assumed that was just a bit of writer's licence. Meaning more like " when it's good and dark" rather than being literally tied to the moon. No?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

hakea wrote:Can you see where the moon is in this game when it gets dark though?

What I mean is that sunset and moonrise aren't actually directly related in the real world anyway. Sometimes the moon rises very late at night and sometimes during the day. There are times when you can clearly see it in the daytime.

You do have to wait until it's been dark for a bit in the game, but I assumed that was just a bit of writer's licence. Meaning more like " when it's good and dark" rather than being literally tied to the moon. No?
You're talking about Earth's moon. On Eschalon, maybe the moon is always on the opposite side of the planet from the sun. But the reference in the explanation is probably from the sundial feature of the GUI that shows the time of day.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: You're talking about Earth's moon. On Eschalon, maybe the moon is always on the opposite side of the planet from the sun. But the reference in the explanation is probably from the sundial feature of the GUI that shows the time of day.
Excellent points! :)

I'd never taken any notice of the graphics on the day/night thing, but I'm sure you're right.

Not sure about a moon that could always be on the opposite side to the planet's sun though. That sounds like it could be in shadow all the time. Given that moons orbit planets and the planet go round their suns, can you suggest some orbits that might achieve such an unusual outcome? It seem unlikely, but I guess when you write a story you can bend the rules however you like. :wink:

I think that references to moons and moonlight are generally accepted as indicating night in a general sense, without needing to be taken literally. But I wonder if our Earthly wolves and lunatics still howl at the moon when it's visible in the middle of the day though? I'll have to check my responses next time it happens..