tips for newbies on challenges (1st post is ranger)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

tips for newbies on challenges (1st post is ranger)

Post by kelticpete »

so you want to do some of the challenges?

cool.

I have a few suggestions.

if you are going to play a ranger and get true ranger and true alchemist at the same time, I suggest also going for journeymaster. because fast travel is NOT a friend of a ranger who is a pure alchemist. I had a bunch of food early in the game. But I am married, two kids. who the f#ck wants to walk around when you need to sell loot (not me) when you have limited PC time? But here is the deal. you can't forage during fast travel. I started to starve and die with forage 8 because I had run out of food and if I bought any I would fail challenge. So I had to learn a food spell to live and therefore it was magic or die. literally. so if I could do over i would either not try for true alchemist or also go for journeymaster.

I also suggest taking the SEED option at character creation. it stops you from OCD reloads. I have played eschalon 1 and 2 all the way through and though 10 reloads for good loot can be rewarding, I wonder how much time I spent reloading when I could have been playing.

anyway. other people with challenge tips can post here
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
salsaman
Initiate

Re: tips for newbies on challenges (1st post is ranger)

Post by salsaman »

Yeah I wish I had taken the SEED option now. The temptation to keep reloading when picking locks is too much :wink:
kelticpete
Council Member

Re: tips for newbies on challenges (1st post is ranger)

Post by kelticpete »

reload. reload. ooo, three scrolls. that is worth about 400 gold but I don' need. hmm. I will save this in another slot and reload.....
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!