Underground beneath Moonrise church

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lysippe
Apprentice

Underground beneath Moonrise church

Post by Lysippe »

I managed to kill the monster underneath the church and open the gate adjacent to it. I unlocked vaults 7 and 10. I have now located a pendant for vault 13, but when I returned to visit that vault, the gate had relocked itself and nothing seems to open it. Help?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Underground beneath Moonrise church

Post by Vroqren »

I believe that now the only way past is using the editor. For future notice, a powder keg where the gate is might work, though I'm not sure, as it kind of resets that gate every time you enter the area.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

No idea how to use the editor although I was afraid the answer would be something like this.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Fortunately, the game is still completeable, it's just some potential loot you're missing out on. Worth remembering for next time though.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
MrPeepers
Initiate

Post by MrPeepers »

[+] SPOILER
You have to set a powder keg on the open side before you enter the dungeon. This will allow you to trigger the switch when you exit the dungeon.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lysippe wrote:I managed to kill the monster underneath the church and open the gate adjacent to it. I unlocked vaults 7 and 10. I have now located a pendant for vault 13, but when I returned to visit that vault, the gate had relocked itself and nothing seems to open it. Help?
That "monster" is the gatekeeper, and will let you in if you have a pendant. I think by design killing it will let you in once, but once only. I personally wouldn't kill it until you've retrieved all the accessible stuff.
SharpXe
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by SharpXe »

guardian 500xp only, there is absolutely no reason to kill him.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

Lysippe wrote:I managed to kill the monster underneath the church and open the gate adjacent to it. Help?
He was not a "monster!" Baelgar Valatrix was an employee, a father, an accomplished boggle player, and founder of a shelter for lost kittens. He was my best friend and had worked in that repository for 200 years. And you killed him because he was a "monster."you speciest!

:mrgreen: :D
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
epopt
Pledge

Post by epopt »

Baelgar was hostile to me the first time I met him. Introducing oneself with a magical blast is decidedly unfriendly.

In other words, due to a bug, he's sometimes randomly aggro.