Enemy Armor

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Ssschah
Council Member

Enemy Armor

Post by Ssschah »

Does anyone know how enemy armor works? I was wondering if the -50% enemy armor with the bludgeoning weapons skill feat is good at all? I imagine if armor reduces damage based on how much the enemy has, then you could increase your damage by quite a bit, especially late game.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Enemy Armor

Post by SpottedShroom »

Enemies have armor and to-hit ratings just like you. They are used to calculate the percent chance of hitting, but have nothing to do with how much damage you take. The bludgeoning feat is very good, though, since in Book III it can be hard to keep your to-hit rating high enough to deal with late game enemies.
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

SpottedShroom wrote:Enemies have armor and to-hit ratings just like you. They are used to calculate the percent chance of hitting, but have nothing to do with how much damage you take. The bludgeoning feat is very good, though, since in Book III it can be hard to keep your to-hit rating high enough to deal with late game enemies.
Ahh that clarifies it. Thanks SpottedShroom! I think I'll have to try a character proficient with Bludgeoning weapons now.
Glossome
Apprentice

Post by Glossome »

I played a fighter proficient in bludgeoning my first time through and I definitely agree that Devastating Blow is a handy little feat. One thing to be aware of, though, is that if you use it on an enemy, save your game and then reload it (before killing said enemy), the effect of D. Blow is lost (i.e., no longer in effect).