Two requests for topics

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Two requests for topics

Post by Lord_P »

First of all, we need a Book III walkthrough. The forums are overflowing with questions like "how do I get into Seawardens' Guild" or "where are the widgets" or "what is up with that puzzle in Baiziel's hut". This needs to be sorted out by someone professional.

Second of all, we need an editor wishlist! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Well oops. Vroqren is already working on a walkthrough. :roll:

But we still need an editor wishlist. IJBall, get on it! :lol:
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Two requests for topics

Post by IJBall »

Lord_P wrote:But we still need an editor wishlist. IJBall, get on it! :lol:
Right now, the only thing that I've committed to doing is the Complete Spell List for Book III (assuming BW doesn't do one...) - I've just started up a Mage-Healer hybrid character for just such a task.

I'm also very, very likely to condense the "bugs" thread(s) down to one of my "Bugs list" in the next week or two.

I suppose I could put together a Strategy Central thread if Randomizer doesn't, though you actually are advised to wait a little while to put one of those together (i.e. so that there are enough topics to "point" to!!...).

However, I haven't committed to an Editor Wishlist yet, as I'm not sure there's enough out there on the subject in the forums to justify that yet - a good "first step" for putting such a list together is actually to start an "Editor Wishlist" thread right now on this forum!

However, I'll tell you some things we do need right now, in terms of needed topics on this forum:
  1. A Book III World Map thread (side-note: the old world map is missing from the Book II World Map thread if someone has it and wants to restore it to that thread...)
  2. A thread topic on the Alchemy levels for Book III (i.e. what level you need to be at in Alchemy to make what potion...)
  3. A thread topic on the Foraging levels (i.e. what level of Foraging do you need before you starting finding particular items and alchemical reagents)
  4. A thread on the Mercantile formula (or, at least, confirmation that the Mercantile formula is exactly the same as it was in Book II...)
  5. Checks and confirmation on whether formulas for any other Skills have changed (e.g. Dodge, Pick Locks, Skullduggery, etc.
I may be missing things from this list, but this is a good start on needed topics before even doing a Strategy Central-type thread...
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Some of the topics will become obsolete once the first update version is released. A few haven't been done yet like Alchemy.

Partial Alchemy list:
[+] SPOILER

Code: Select all

Lvl	Potion					Ingredients
1	Cat's Eyes Brew			Noximander Venom+ Brimstone
1	Mana Potion I			Ambergris+Mandrake Root

4	Detox					Belladona+Spider Silk	
4	Demon Oil I				Corpse Ash+Brimstone
4	Keensight				Dwarvish Mellowleaf+Mandrake Root

5	Nimbleness				Stinkroot+Mercury
5	Potion of Haste I			Dried Brainstem+Mercury
5	Fire damage +1			Ectoplasm+Sulfur
5	Cold damage +1			Ectoplasm+Corpse Ash
5	Poison damage +1			Black-spotted Shrooms+Noximander Venom

6	Elixir of Cure Ailment		Wormleaf+Willowbark
6	Hardening Armor I			Ectoplasm+Ambergris
6	Mana Potion II			Ambergris+Mandrake Root

7	Ogre Strength			Anise+Spider Silk
7	Increase to hit +1			Auricflax+Mercury
7	Increase damage +1		Auricflax+Ambergris

8	Invisibility Brew I			Ectoplasm+Noximander Venom
8	Charm Cloud			Dwarvish Mellowleaf+Ambergris

9	Potion of Greater Protection	Anise+Wormleaf
9	Fortify Mana				Dried Brainstem+Raven's Heart

10	Demon Oil II				Corpse Ash+Brimstone
10  	Potion of Haste II			Dried Brainstem+Mercury
10	Fire damage +2			Ectoplasm+Sulfur
10	Cold damage +2			Ectoplasm+Corpse Ash
10	Poison damage +2			Black-spotted Shrooms+Noximander Venom

12	Potion of Predator Sight		Stinkroot+Corpse Ash
12	Toxic Aura				Sulfur+Black-spotted Shrooms

15	Demon Oil III				Corpse Ash+Brimstone
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

pardon my ignorance but what is an editor wishlist?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Lord_P wrote:First of all, we need a Book III walkthrough. The forums are overflowing with questions like "how do I get into Seawardens' Guild" or "where are the widgets" or "what is up with that puzzle in Baiziel's hut". This needs to be sorted out by someone professional.
EDIT: Well oops. Vroqren is already working on a walkthrough.
I would hardly consider myself professional (I don't get paid, and don't really want to for this), but I do enjoy writing, and hopefully will be able to produce something helpful.
Unfortunately, I've been swamped with school work recently. Hopefully the upcoming week won't be as bad.
IJBall wrote:
[+] SPOILER
  1. A Book III World Map thread (side-note: the old world map is missing from the Book II World Map thread if someone has it and wants to restore it to that thread...)
  2. A thread topic on the Alchemy levels for Book III (i.e. what level you need to be at in Alchemy to make what potion...)
  3. A thread topic on the Foraging levels (i.e. what level of Foraging do you need before you starting finding particular items and alchemical reagents)
  4. A thread on the Mercantile formula (or, at least, confirmation that the Mercantile formula is exactly the same as it was in Book II...)
  5. Checks and confirmation on whether formulas for any other Skills have changed (e.g. Dodge, Pick Locks, Skullduggery, etc.
I may be missing things from this list, but this is a good start on needed topics before even doing a Strategy Central-type thread...
Amen to those. I could certainly use each one of those in parts of the walkthrough, though obviously I can simply edit the post later.
One more thing I would like for use in my walkthrough is the Anchor BBCode. (Any chance on getting that BW?)

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests