Akadi Underworld

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
captainkronos
Initiate

Akadi Underworld

Post by captainkronos »

OK, I'm in the Underworld but haven't got a green gem. I've explored all of the level and haven't found one (I have the other two). I also haven't met any of the beasties you need to get out.

What have I done wrong? Thanks.

Edit: Oops, looked at the map in earnest and saw there was an anomaly in the map and went to look and found another path and there was the green gem. Sorry everybody.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Akadi Underworld

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

:) Love questions that answer themselves.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
captainkronos
Initiate

Post by captainkronos »

Kreador

It's a gift (which is also the name of a classic WC Fields film). :D

Seriously though, just submitting the question made me uneasy so, just in case, I explored the map again. :oops:
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I don't know who told me this, but I was very young, and it was about mazes, but i use it in video games.

when I enter an dungeon I turn to the right and keep taking rights, sticking close to the wall.

also, especially in grid games like eschalon, I like to circle a map if possible and then go to middle. like doing corners of a puzzle. I got 28 out of 20 secrets, and 1 that i missed was because I did not follow the above advice (it was like 1am) and the 2nd was a place I saw a chest but because (frankly) loot in this game has been so sparse, I was not really worried about it after a 2 minute search failed to figure out how to get to it. I figured it might be off limits.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
captainkronos
Initiate

Post by captainkronos »

I remember something similar now you mention it.

In one of the Might and Magic games, the one with the desert (7? 8?) someone gave me the advice, for a particular dungeon or something, of just going right all the time so if you get lost reverse direction to get back to the entrance.

Pity I didn't follow the advice on this particular occasion...