Heavy gates in Omentor Temple

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lysippe
Apprentice

Heavy gates in Omentor Temple

Post by Lysippe »

I am at a point in the Omentor Temple where I can see a red light that indicates a place where the bracket widget should fit, but my way is blocked by two different heavy metal gates at the two ends of a hallway left of such room. There also appears to be treasure available in a nearby room. Any idea how to get through these gates? Explosives don't work. Thanks!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Heavy gates in Omentor Temple

Post by Randomizer »

The bracket section in the north has a lever to the far northeast that opens a gate. The way to it should be a door opened by a heavy key dropped by a deathbringer.
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

[+] SPOILER
By northeast, would this be northeast in the temple in the section where you have the lava room with the trapped steps (not the lava room with a straight path)? Also, I've killed everything that moves and haven't found a key.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Okay, so you're stuck at 1. To open the door to the north (and out of the dungeon), you need to put the Bolt widget in the machine at 2. To open the grate and access the machine, you need to flip the switch at 3. To open the door to the south, you need to put the Spring Widget in the machine at 4. To get there, you need to open the gate at 5, which you do by putting the glass gem in the chest at 6.
Attachments
omentor.png
omentor.png (24.26 KiB) Viewed 7119 times
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

[+] SPOILER
Great map! My main problem then is that I don't have the spring widget. If it's in the Moonrise/Old Moonrise underground, I can't get to it because I'm shut out of there, too.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lysippe wrote:
[+] SPOILER
Great map! My main problem then is that I don't have the spring widget. If it's in the Moonrise/Old Moonrise underground, I can't get to it because I'm shut out of there, too.
Yup, it's in
[+] SPOILER
Moonrise Underground
. Why are you not able to get there?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

If you bring a powder keg, the spring widget is not required. You might miss out on some loot, but you can still complete the game.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

[+] SPOILER
I can't get into the Moonrise underground because I was already there looking in 7 and 10. After I left I found pendant 13 and another since but on my return the gate was again locked and it does not unlock or get destroyed by kegs.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Lysippe wrote:
[+] SPOILER
I can't get into the Moonrise underground because I was already there looking in 7 and 10. After I left I found pendant 13 and another since but on my return the gate was again locked and it does not unlock or get destroyed by kegs.
Oh, you killed the dimensional eye guardian? Then yeah, you would have to cheat with the editor to get back in there.
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

That's okay. This is just the first time through. I played I and II over and over and I expect to do the same here. Good to get advice, though!