Question about Alunder's Dungeon: Possible Glitch? (Spoiler)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
ysmaykerrich
Initiate

Question about Alunder's Dungeon: Possible Glitch? (Spoiler)

Post by ysmaykerrich »

So, I was able to open Alunder's dungeon and get in the first time around. I then decided to leave and do a bit more exploring before I went back and finished the quest. Now when I go back to the dungeon the gate is still open to me but my character can't get through, almost like there is an invisible force blocking the way. Is this some sort of glitch? I have a backup save in the dungeon but would like to be able to come and go as I please… Anyone else have / had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Question about Alunder's Dungeon: Possible Glitch? (Spoi

Post by SpottedShroom »

I haven't seen or heard about that particular problem. There is a known bug where sometimes it's not possible to leave the map, but saving and re-loading your game fixes it. Could you try that, maybe?
ysmaykerrich
Initiate

Post by ysmaykerrich »

Saved and reloaded but it didn't work, path still invisibly blocked. I may just have to use my backup save from inside the dungeon.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

ysmaykerrich wrote:Saved and reloaded but it didn't work, path still invisibly blocked. I may just have to use my backup save from inside the dungeon.
This sounds like an important - and reproducible! - bug. Please zip up your affected save slot (click the version number at the bottom of the main menu screen to see where they're stored) and send it to info@basiliskgames.com. With any luck, BW can get a general fix in for 1.02 and give you back a modified save that fixes your specific issue.
ysmaykerrich
Initiate

Post by ysmaykerrich »

Figured out the problem. When I was exploring Alunder's private room I accidentally flipped the door switch and that made the pathway impassible. I guess the glitch here would be that flipping that switch will close off the gateway but the gateway will still APPEAR open.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

ysmaykerrich wrote:Figured out the problem. When I was exploring Alunder's private room I accidentally flipped the door switch and that made the pathway impassible. I guess the glitch here would be that flipping that switch will close off the gateway but the gateway will still APPEAR open.
Interesting. I would still encourage you to send in a saved game or post it here.