Alchemical Nitpicking

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
john1v6
Apprentice

Alchemical Nitpicking

Post by john1v6 »

Just two little questions that have been nagging at me:

1) Why is it so rare to find Willow Bark while foraging? It literally grows on trees. Besides, it's a main ingredient in Healing Potions, which are very common and very cheap. If the potion's so cheap, why is it so hard to find one of the ingredients?

2) Where does Noximander Venom come from? I'm on my third playthrough, and I've never seen a Noximander or Devilmander anywhere in this game. Is that same venom produced by some other critter on the island?
There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Alchemical Nitpicking

Post by IJBall »

john1v6 wrote:Just two little questions that have been nagging at me:

1) Why is it so rare to find Willow Bark while foraging? It literally grows on trees. Besides, it's a main ingredient in Healing Potions, which are very common and very cheap. If the potion's so cheap, why is it so hard to find one of the ingredients?
It's possible that the Foraging Skill still needs a little "fine-tuning" (IMO)...
john1v6 wrote:2) Where does Noximander Venom come from? I'm on my third playthrough, and I've never seen a Noximander or Devilmander anywhere in this game. Is that same venom produced by some other critter on the island?
Heh - good point. ;)

(In fact, I was a little disappointed that there are no lizard Mobs (not counting the Basilisk, which is a "special" case) in Book III. No Bats either - I miss those guys from Book I... :( )
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Alchemical Nitpicking

Post by Lord_P »

IJBall wrote:(In fact, I was a little disappointed that there are no lizard Mobs (not counting the Basilisk, which is a "special" case) in Book III. No Bats either - I miss those guys from Book I... )
Book III expansion: Secrets of Lizardmurk.