Wizardtorium question

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Seamus69
Initiate

Wizardtorium question

Post by Seamus69 »

I cannot locate the spell that is needed. Is there any other way in?

Seamus69
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Wizardtorium question

Post by Randomizer »

Supposedly you can turn up the brightness and during the day see it outside the wall to the north.
Seamus69
Initiate

Post by Seamus69 »

I tried that but no luck. I will just have to wait until I can find the spell.
holymuler
Pledge

Post by holymuler »

For me i found spent weeks in-game before finally a magic vender had the spell, reveal map. The issue was once i used it the code was 9686, so i used it and worked.
[+] SPOILER
then i loaded put in 9686 and then tried out the two chests in the improve thy gear which has a magic based chest filled of 8 items as the same for the warrior having varied martial items. However the chests seemed set and the code kept with the 9686 to a point i went and used the 'improve thy self' option thinking i could pull the lever for the furthest lever and then use barrel explosive chains to gain +2 stat improvements for Str,Dex,Int, & Wis.
So not sure if the code is random and if 9686 works for you then i would presume no. I dont recall which forum thread i read last weekend but one said it was a random generated code per game-play which would mean loading would change it the same way gear is rerolled. Which it wasn't for me. Good Luck and hopefully this helps and or Gamebanshee will soon have a guide for this game as they've done brilliantly in the other two despite i used it to better conserve my gold on 'upgrade' and weather or not to engage a monster yet.
Sincerely by, The Saxon Finch
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The code appears to be random.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Says the guy named "Randomizer"... :lol:
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Seamus69
Initiate

Post by Seamus69 »

Thanks, I will give it a try. I am still looking for the spell. It should pop up at some point.

Seamus69
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote: I could see the number without casting Reveal Map or changing the brightness booster.
I hadn't noticed it before I turned my brightness booster up, so I assume that was necessary. Good to know though - it's always visible and I'm not going insane.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Joaquim
Pledge

Post by Joaquim »

Just in case this topic still interests someone.
As i could not read the number (I had no reveal spell) despite the brightness being 100% I did a print screen and then opened the image with a Photo editor. Then played a little with the commands, brightened the image, increased the contrast, etc., and it worked! The numbers were clearly visible!
I guess this should work for everyone.
john1v6
Apprentice

Post by john1v6 »

Or you could hold down the Tab key, and it'll reveal the tiles. Mostly. There may be a little trial and error distinguishing 1's and 7's, and between 4's and 9's. Clever idea to make it different with each playthrough
There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them
holymuler
Pledge

Post by holymuler »

Rather than edit and people just assume i`m a imbecile i have decided to quote my own mistake in mentioning the code i was given in my play-through.
holymuler wrote:For me i found spent weeks in-game before finally a magic vender had the spell, reveal map. The issue was once i used it the code was 9686, so i used it and worked.
[+] SPOILER
then i loaded put in 9686 and then tried out the two chests in the improve thy gear which has a magic based chest filled of 8 items as the same for the warrior having varied martial items. However the chests seemed set and the code kept with the 9686 to a point i went and used the 'improve thy self' option thinking i could pull the lever for the furthest lever and then use barrel explosive chains to gain +2 stat improvements for Str,Dex,Int, & Wis.
So not sure if the code is random and if 9686 works for you then i would presume no. I dont recall which forum thread i read last weekend but one said it was a random generated code per game-play which would mean loading would change it the same way gear is rerolled. Which it wasn't for me. Good Luck and hopefully this helps and or Gamebanshee will soon have a guide for this game as they've done brilliantly in the other two despite i used it to better conserve my gold on 'upgrade' and weather or not to engage a monster yet.
There are apparently one code per play through and multiple ways to unlock it however i would suggest the first time you see a shop keep with the spell i would buy the spell as it is a tier one spell and i would if you dont have ele-magic rank 1 or read the book to grant it visit old moonrise to do so. It is possible to get to the wizardtorium without fighting a thing harder than a insect swarm, as long as you can either avoid getting killed by chasing goblins from the south path or if you have 4-5 explosive barrels ( forgot how many i used) to blast your way to which 1-2 insect swarms should be all you need to fight.

Once at the Wizardtorium learn said spell than use it once and right down the code. Then load from your previous save whether you used a quicksave or a file save. i used 3 barrels to gain all the 4 stat lever boosts, which is simple as placing the barrels close enough to each other and gates to pull all the levers, but once you've loaded and put in the code to get there with three barrels i would advise to use the same tactic of save-n-experiment.
Sincerely by, The Saxon Finch
RedTulie1
Pledge

Post by RedTulie1 »

I've taken a screen shot and tried countless number combinations with the tactical grid on. I would post the image here except I have no idea how to do so. The reveal map spell, level 5, shows nothing. Anyone have any further advice as to how to determine the darned code from what is displayed?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Reveal map spell shows the number on the automap.
RedTulie1
Pledge

Post by RedTulie1 »

Randomizer wrote:Reveal map spell shows the number on the automap.
Ha! Didn't think to look there. Thanks a lot, Randomizer. Now I can stop tearing out my hair.