unarmed combat

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
noname
Marshall

unarmed combat

Post by noname »

Is there a limit or cutoff for skills and attributes? I am at level 12 with unarmed combat at 33 and st 37,dx19,en34,and sp23. For the last several level ups it doesn't matter where I put the points there is no increase in to- hit or damage. I see no increase except in hit points and that is automatic from the level up. It is, of course, easy to use the Power combat mode but I'd like to be able to use the normal mode instead of kill-runaround-kill-runaround to regenerate the Power mode. My to-hit is 18 and Damage is 30. Is that Max? I also notice that there is no penality of -30% to hit on the Power mode. In fact I never seem to miss on Power mode as I do on Normal mode. Anybody using Barbarian build?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: unarmed combat

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If you're only using the Feat while in Power mode, then you would never miss because Feats never miss.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Increasing a weapon or unarmed combat skill becomes less effective at higher levels as it goes from +1 every level to +1 every 5 levels. You are better off increasing strength and dexterity even though that is +1 every 5 combined attribute points. Dexterity might be more useful at this point since that will help with armor rating and unlocking too.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:If you're only using the Feat while in Power mode, then you would never miss because Feats never miss.
Yes, thank you, I was getting the feat mixed up with the power mode.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Randomizer wrote:Increasing a weapon or unarmed combat skill becomes less effective at higher levels as it goes from +1 every level to +1 every 5 levels. You are better off increasing strength and dexterity even though that is +1 every 5 combined attribute points. Dexterity might be more useful at this point since that will help with armor rating and unlocking too.
I didn't realize there was such a big reduction. I'll concentrate on strength and dexterity. Although I don't need to unlock anything, I just bash it. I am disappointed that there aren't more than two fist weapons available. I expected maybe a mailed fist, steel fist, power fist. It would add a little more interest to the build. I did find a tempered steel fist but it seemed no different than the steel fist. Just cost more for the same +5 damage.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The tempered steel probably also wears out more slowly. The addition of the feat doing extra wear-and-tear on your weapons makes that an important change.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.