Eschalon: Book III Version 1.021

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Eschalon: Book III Version 1.021

Post by Painted Lady »

What exactly would you like me to test?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Painted Lady wrote:What exactly would you like me to test?
Just make sure it runs fine for you. Play a bit with a new character, make sure nothing looks funny. If you feel like playing for a while, test some of the exploit fixes.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

BasiliskWrangler,
About the MacOS version, minor thingy: Since there is no version number under (in window) Version, or Get Info, I renamed both the 1.0 version and the 1.021 versions thus - eschalon-book-3 (10) and eschalon-book-3 (1021). Clicking on either brings up short dialogue box saying. "Core Files missing". Eliminating the name change all is OK again.

Thought this may be of some interest to you.
ferretgrandpa
Initiate

Post by ferretgrandpa »

Supernova may be fixed, but it is still possible to gain all 4 attributes.

http://www.postimg.com/image/147000/att ... 146540.jpg
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

ferretgrandpa wrote:Supernova may be fixed, but it is still possible to gain all 4 attributes.

http://www.postimg.com/image/147000/att ... 146540.jpg
Is this an "old" savegame you're playing off of?

Unless you've started a new character with v1.0.2.1, you'll still see the old v1.0 'bugs' in your old savegames...
ferretgrandpa
Initiate

Post by ferretgrandpa »

Nope, it is NOT an old save game. Brand new character started in v1.021.
All my old save games were deleted before I started playing v 1.021. I didn't want any 'contamination'.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

This is not entirely unexpected. Supernova may no longer set off levers, but powder kegs have to in order for one of the tricky bits of the witch's lair to work correctly. Added a new listing to the bug thread.

If BW still thinks it's a bug, probably the fix is to redesign the map so that the switches aren't so close to the portcullises.
SharpXe
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by SharpXe »

to force players to acquire all four Widgets to complete
gogo grinding rangers!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

SharpXe wrote:
gogo grinding rangers!
<sigh> :roll:

I'll make sure the next RPG is a 4-hour straight choose-your-own adventure, where you can level-up every 10 minutes, and a skill-tree will ensure you always make the most kick-ass character that is guaranteed to be able to destroy the ultimate evil bad guy at the end. And no open-ended story at the end either...I'll make sure you finish knowing that you saved the world and everyone grovels at your feet, calling you their savior. It will be glorious, I promise!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:What about being able to build my own house and decorate it with furniture? It would add so much to your next game. Just thinking about it makes me hard.
Actually, being able to do that would be cool... :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:What about being able to build my own house and decorate it with furniture? It would add so much to your next game. Just thinking about it makes me hard.
Go play Balrum - the beta is out :)
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
SharpXe wrote:
gogo grinding rangers!
<sigh> :roll:
I can tell from the appropriate sarcasm that I don't need to say it, but nobody could possibly think that that change can be construed as grinding. The thought could only come from someone who has not played the game.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
IJBall wrote:
Go play Balrum - the beta is out :)
Actually, I will definitely be taking a look at that one when it's publicly released... ;)

(I mean, how can I not?! It's pretty much an Eschalon knock-off!! :mrgreen: P.S. Anyone know what language they wrote Balrum in?...)
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
What about being able to build my own house and decorate it with furniture? It would add so much to your next game. Just thinking about it makes me hard.
Seriously, this is a hunt and kill game and YOU want to play house? Really? REALLY???? Howzabout you play the game and then when you finished killing the baddies, you get off your behind and clean and organize your REAL house... This home making cracks me up like you want to play a sissies' game of Virtual Families or something... YUCKO! Oh lemme guess, you want a love story in here somewhere too??? Grow some little Prisms of your own? <G>
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote: Actually, I will definitely be taking a look at that one when it's publicly released... ;)

(I mean, how can I not?! It's pretty much an Eschalon knock-off!! :mrgreen: P.S. Anyone know what language they wrote Balrum in?...)
Oh, right, I forgot it's not a public beta. I've only played a little bit so far, but it's definitely not as much of an Eschalon knock-off as the early videos made it appear. No turn-based combat, for one :( And it's in Java, which I guess is one way of doing a cross-platform game these days. Can't port it to iOS, though, of course.