General questions that I do not think are spoilers...

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

General questions that I do not think are spoilers...

Post by lilwoofer »

What does turning the gravestone in Old Moonrise actually do? And when you get Ms. Brimbles (I think I recall that being the cat's name) has anyone else noticed that there is a note that says "right click to use" How DO you use a pussy... cat??? sounds very mean and misogynistic!!! :mrgreen: And do the switches for the train tracks into the mine and in the mine actually do anything? It would be cool if you could take a powder keg, blast it from behind to send the things flying down the tracks but I have not seen a way yet to do this. And was anyone else able to blast from Rockhammer into Macross section or is it always only one way from Macross to Rockhammer? I have had other silly innocuous questions and will add them when i recall what they are!!!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: General questions that I do not think are spoilers...

Post by Vroqren »

1. This is used as a failsafe, incase someone can't get to Old Moonrise the normal way.
  2. That's actually supposed to say "right click to abuse" (BW is assuming you're a terrible person, as he did when we killed Lilith in Book I.
  3. These switches do nothing.
  4. No blasting shortcut available.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Actually for question/answer number 2: If you right-click on Mr. Bimbles, you'll hear a soft purring noise. You're just petting the cat! I wasted a few tens of turns doing that, once I discovered it.

And for number 4: I had yet to actually try it out myself, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, Vroqren! Or at least, if there isn't a blastable path, then it'd probably be considered a game bug. There's a path which looks in the map editor like it's supposed to be blastable.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Interesting - I stand corrected. I had only ever tried blasting in one place, and assumed it was futile to waste further powder kegs.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

xolotl wrote:Actually for question/answer number 2: If you right-click on Mr. Bimbles, you'll hear a soft purring noise. You're just petting the cat! I wasted a few tens of turns doing that, once I discovered it.

And for number 4: I had yet to actually try it out myself, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, Vroqren! Or at least, if there isn't a blastable path, then it'd probably be considered a game bug. There's a path which looks in the map editor like it's supposed to be blastable.
That path is blastable. Just takes some kegs.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Aww thanks! Dang, you are FAST at replying. Wish all other gaming and other such sites' programmers were as dilligent! I AM a terrible person! Ask my partner and my all-forgiving Lab! But then again, HE (my dog not partner) would get a thrill out of beating up the old pussycat every now and then... And i DO mean cat this time! :twisted: So more questions, why is it whenever I am in Bogland and it starts to rain, my computer freezes utterly and I have to force shut down the computer. I know you all are into modifying and altering, etc. but for a layman like I am, I cannot fathom how (now that OS 9 and below are nonexistent - and does ANYONE remember what *i* do from back then?) to adhere more RAM to this game so I can use millions of colors (thousands SUCK big time when you want to admire the programmers' wonderful artistry) and if I have more than 3 games saved it crashes every five minutes... no lie, seriously. And my partner is intersted in getting these games, and if you think I am old at 50, you should see HIM at 61!!! :lol: So I ask, is there any available for iPads? I cannot figure out how to get onto this site from his iPad yet, a new toy for us both...

And as I just told him, you guys are excellent with great games, customer service and PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE for us weirdo terrible people!!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:That path is blastable. Just takes some kegs.
Yep, this thread got me curious enough to try it. :) Works totally fine over here.

I, uh, would maybe recommend using some fused kegs, though. :) "Ouch," is what I'm saying.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:That path is blastable. Just takes some kegs.
Yep, this thread got me curious enough to try it. :) Works totally fine over here.

I, uh, would maybe recommend using some fused kegs, though. :) "Ouch," is what I'm saying.
Are any of the other blocked paths to the north also blastable? Or is it just the "southern pass" near Rockhammer?...
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:Are any of the other blocked paths to the north also blastable? Or is it just the "southern pass" near Rockhammer?...
No - just the southern pass. At least as far as I'm aware, but I'm 99% confident that there's only the one route into the Astral Range.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:So more questions, why is it whenever I am in Bogland and it starts to rain, my computer freezes utterly and I have to force shut down the computer. I know you all are into modifying and altering, etc. but for a layman like I am, I cannot fathom how (now that OS 9 and below are nonexistent - and does ANYONE remember what *i* do from back then?) to adhere more RAM to this game so I can use millions of colors (thousands SUCK big time when you want to admire the programmers' wonderful artistry) and if I have more than 3 games saved it crashes every five minutes... no lie, seriously.
You might want to post that one in the tech support forums - obviously that's not supposed to be happening. What are your system specs?
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

lilwoofer wrote: So I ask, is there any available for iPads? I cannot figure out how to get onto this site from his iPad yet, a new toy for us both...
It is my understanding that the engine used for the Eschalon games cannot be ported to the iPad.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Aww such sad news for him. Anyone know any GREAT games like Eschalon that can be played on iPad. Partner is going in for spinal surgery on April Fool's Day - no funny comments please! - and i am trying to find something like Basilisk games for him to dawdle and hunt and search and strike during his bed time. Just nothing timed, something that can be saved at any moment, you know, like Eschalon!!! And xolotl, thanks for the input, will check out the tech forum and see if anyone else has this issue. Mind you, my comp was meant for graphic design but NOT gaming. It is most likely something I cannot afford, i.e. video card, MORE RAm etc... But thanks for the heads up, again!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:Anyone know any GREAT games like Eschalon that can be played on iPad.
You might want to check over in the RPG forum, I'm sure you'll find some good answers there. For my part, I think Spiderweb Games' Avadon series is on iPad. I enjoyed Avadon 1 (The Black Fortress), at least.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

And now MORe questions from the newbie here at BG... Something in Basalt Dunes is making me lose my thievery award... I cannot find what it is as one time (thank the gods I have 3 saved versions of each game for such instances) I went to check and saw my Thief award was X'ed out. Went thru my previous game save and went the same way, hitting every clam and saving, talking to Lilith and saving, killing salt slimes, or whatever them green thingies are called and did not come across it again. I have played this game thru entirety 2 times B4 and at the end noted my thievery award was gone so am going through as diligently as possible but still cannot see what trap I snapped.... any help or ideas anyone? Oh and in Rockhammer mines, level two, at the end where you see the entry for level three.... there is barrel tucked up NW in the rocks that have a see thru - in other words does not APPEAR to be blocked but is - stone corridor but I cannot get in there. I tried blasting with keg, but no luck. Do not have supernova yet so could not try that "weapon". Is this a mod only place?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Most likely what is causing you to fail "The True Thief" is Lilith witnessing you taking a pearl from a clam, because she was in just the right position.
That barrel is unobtainable.