Website issues

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

Website issues

Post by Bob the Thief »

I find it very difficult to get a connection to the Basilisk Games forums. About 3 time out of 4 Google Chrome will say "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to basiliskgames.com". THis has been going on for sometime. Is it just me or is there something up with the server?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Website issues

Post by raverdave2k »

Never had any issues with the site itself aside from the GoDaddy fiasco at launch, however I've been trying to download the new update for Book III this evening and the download speed has been appalling (varying from 40 - 100kb) and it's failed twice, luckily it seems to support resuming.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Both of these problems are probably related to GoDaddy sucking. The main Book III downloads are hosted on S3, which is why they're so much faster and more stable. Once the final 1.02 is out, I presume it'll be hosted there as well.

BW, I'm still happy to help you move to a less crappy provider - just say the word.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I haven't seen any problems, and I'm on here almost every evening for a bit.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland