Question re: Crux of Terra

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
rayres
Apprentice

Question re: Crux of Terra

Post by rayres »

I spoke to the Kingspawn, got the gland, and entered the Akadai Underground. I left the underground, sold some stuff, then came back later, without finding the Crux the first time. There are 3 mechanically hinged clam shells with three plaques near them. I think I sold the gems that were necessary to put in the clams, so I can't get the Crux of Terra! I think I have 3 options:

1. Try to buy gems of the right colour!;
2. Load from a previous save;
3. Reset the map. I think option 3 is best, but what files do I delete?

Thanks.

Rob
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Question re: Crux of Terra

Post by xolotl »

rayres wrote:1. Try to buy gems of the right colour!;
Yep, you should be able to find them in "general" merchants' shops. They can also be found as loot in other areas of the game, though I don't know if there are "fixed" locations where you could find any. You could search through Farwalker's Field Journal, perhaps, though you could get spoiled on things, and some of what's listed there is probably randomized. The ones you'd need: Large Emerald, Large Ruby, and Large Diamond.
3. Reset the map. I think option 3 is best, but what files do I delete?
If you wanted to do that, find your savegame folder, go into the appropriate slot number, and delete the three files starting with "akadai_tunnels"
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Question re: Crux of Terra

Post by SpottedShroom »

Here are places that you're guaranteed to find the necessary gems.

Diamond: Moonrise (in secret area accessible from Western Astral Range), Moonrise Underground (in Master Warren's Chamber)
Ruby: Deadman's Strand (clam at 25, 56), Moonrise Underground (in Master Warren's Chamber), Rockhammer Mine (in Logi's alarmed chest)
Emerald: Elderoak Forest (in Alice Greensmith's crypt), Moonrise Underground (in Master Warren's Chamber)