Astral Mountain shooting range...

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Astral Mountain shooting range...

Post by lilwoofer »

Alright, I posted this in another thread but am not certain anyone will read it so I thought I'd start a new one. I am trying to get the Perfect Wizard award at the end of the game AND get all 30 secret/hidden places (although I have only ever been able to find 29 and am hoping someone soon will post a listing of all 30 places and their coordinates!!!). Having played this 2 times before, I am now wondering if my "perfect" plan is for nonce.
[+] SPOILER
Can you use a magic spell against the target to open the archer's hideout? And if not, does lifting a bow and arrow cancel my "perfect" award for wizardry?
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Astral Mountain shooting range...

Post by Painted Lady »

I have not been able to use magic successfully on the target. I'm also doing a True Mage, and have decided I'm going to have to skip the Ranger's Hostel as a result.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I think I did that successfully one game.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lilwoofer wrote:Alright, I posted this in another thread but am not certain anyone will read it so I thought I'd start a new one. I am trying to get the Perfect Wizard award at the end of the game AND get all 30 secret/hidden places (although I have only ever been able to find 29 and am hoping someone soon will post a listing of all 30 places and their coordinates!!!). Having played this 2 times before, I am now wondering if my "perfect" plan is for nonce.
[+] SPOILER
Can you use a magic spell against the target to open the archer's hideout? And if not, does lifting a bow and arrow cancel my "perfect" award for wizardry?
I answered this in another thread (as I had just tested it and checked my Challenge status afterward) that it does NOT make you lose the True Mage challenge.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Well ,thanks for that, and I will get back with more info on what one needs to do to be a true mage and still get all secret hiding places. This game REALLY is great! For once, in my awards, I have more green checks than red X'es!!!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I finally got there and yes, you CAN use a bow & arrow to hit the target. Thanks for the help and still keeping my mage award alive! You all get high kudos!!!!!!