Queston

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
rayres
Apprentice

Queston

Post by rayres »

How do I get into the Castle Ruins?

Thanks.

Rob
Leyden
Initiate

Re: Queston

Post by Leyden »

I don't know if there is a way to get in with finesse, but I just took out a section of their wall with a keg that I carried over from the goblin camp. Then I took out the remaining guard and the archers behind the gate.

However,
[+] SPOILER
I had to go around to the back to get inside, as flipping the switch in the guard room does not open the gate that the archers are behind.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Leyden wrote:I don't know if there is a way to get in with finesse, but I just took out a section of their wall with a keg that I carried over from the goblin camp.
You can actually do it without having to carry a keg, by the way - there's a cluster which are reachable with ranged attacks over on the western end of the fence. Hit those with something and they'll cause a chain-reaction over to the one that's next to the fence itself, which opens up the area for you.
Leyden
Initiate

Post by Leyden »

xolotl wrote:
Leyden wrote:I don't know if there is a way to get in with finesse, but I just took out a section of their wall with a keg that I carried over from the goblin camp.
You can actually do it without having to carry a keg, by the way - there's a cluster which are reachable with ranged attacks over on the western end of the fence. Hit those with something and they'll cause a chain-reaction over to the one that's next to the fence itself, which opens up the area for you.
Ha! I did it completely backward and not exactly as I had planned. I was trying to save those kegs (keg hoarder that I am). I thought there might be a chance we could harvest the kegs on the platform (I know it didn't look like it, but I thought I'd check). I was attempting to save those kegs and the one on the inside by placing my keg on the outside of the fence far enough from the keg on the inside that it wouldn't blow. In reality, I didn't place it far enough and everything blew. Luckily, Book III had a bunch of kegs in it to play around with.
rayres
Apprentice

Post by rayres »

I managed to clear out the Castle Ruins, but I still don't know what the lever in the part on the surface does. It is behind a gate, and I hit it with an arrow but don't can't trigger it!

Thanks.

Rob
Leyden
Initiate

Post by Leyden »

Anyone else, correct me if I'm wrong. Working from memory here.

Are you talking about the switch in the northeast room (the one closest to the front of the ruins on the right hand side, looking from the front side)? If so, you need to hit it from the room directly across from it (shooting across the hall from behind one gate through the other). This should open the front gate. The switch should be targetable.
Vigled
Pledge

Post by Vigled »

rayres wrote:How do I get into the Castle Ruins?

Thanks.

Rob
screen
Attachments
eb3_screen24.jpg
eb3_screen24.jpg (169.01 KiB) Viewed 8230 times
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

I also managed to toggle that lever and open the front gate on my last play through when I hit one of the archers in that corridor with a bast of Fireball.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Also, if you don't want to ruin a True Warrior play, I suggest you use a bow or a throwing weapon.