Witch Lair

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
mbrowne
Steward

Witch Lair

Post by mbrowne »

Entering the lair from the secret path next to her cabin. I seem to remember the first section working different in earlier plays:
[+] SPOILER
Hitting this keg with a fireball doesn't move the lever, but I do get the sound effect of a gate moving.
LairScreen.jpg
LairScreen.jpg (94.08 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
Shouldn't the center of the gate by the skeletons open?
I've deleted the Lair map and reloaded but it still doesn't work as expected.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Witch Lair

Post by SpottedShroom »

mbrowne wrote:Entering the lair from the secret path next to her cabin. I seem to remember the first section working different in earlier plays:
[+] SPOILER
Hitting this keg with a fireball doesn't move the lever, but I do get the sound effect of a gate moving.
LairScreen.jpg
Shouldn't the center of the gate by the skeletons open?
I've deleted the Lair map and reloaded but it still doesn't work as expected.
Ah, I see the problem. Explosions flip switches, and when you hit the keg with fireball, there are TWO explosions: the fireball and then the keg. So the switch gets flipped... and then instantly flipped back. I'll put this on the bug tracker thread, but the work-around would be to hit the keg with any other ranged attack - spark, a thrown rock, etc.

Edit: Here's a more clever work-around: hit the nearby sconce with Fireball instead of the keg. That will set the keg off without having the switch in range of the Fireball's blast.
mbrowne
Steward

Re: Witch Lair

Post by mbrowne »

Thanks. I thought maybe the keg didn't have enough power. But spark works fine - I guess that's what I used before.