How to get the game on multiple platforms?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
burntPancake
Pledge

How to get the game on multiple platforms?

Post by burntPancake »

Hi fellows,

I met this game yesterday and after some investigation I found that I'm in love with this game. That's why I bought the whole 3 games in mac app store. Also there is a discount there on book 3. I haven't played 2 or 3 yet.

Now since the game operates on both unix and windows and I switch between win8, mac and arch constantly, I'd like to see how do I get this game code on other platforms? I found no such information anywhere.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: How to get the game on multiple platforms?

Post by SpottedShroom »

burntPancake wrote:Hi fellows,

I met this game yesterday and after some investigation I found that I'm in love with this game. That's why I bought the whole 3 games in mac app store. Also there is a discount there on book 3. I haven't played 2 or 3 yet.

Now since the game operates on both unix and windows and I switch between win8, mac and arch constantly, I'd like to see how do I get this game code on other platforms? I found no such information anywhere.
You can download all three versions direct from Basilisk Games:

http://basiliskgames.com/downloads

You will need a registration code to unlock the game, though, which I believe you don't have if you bought through the app store. I vaguely remember BW talking about the possibility of providing registration codes on request for people who had bought through other channels, but now I can't find anything so I might be making that up.
burntPancake
Pledge

Post by burntPancake »

SpottedShroom wrote:
burntPancake wrote:Hi fellows,

You can download all three versions direct from Basilisk Games:

http://basiliskgames.com/downloads

You will need a registration code to unlock the game, though, which I believe you don't have if you bought through the app store. I vaguely remember BW talking about the possibility of providing registration codes on request for people who had bought through other channels, but now I can't find anything so I might be making that up.
Thank you! The on request thing sounds promising. Let's see if BW replies to this post or not.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

It would be better to send him an email. Otherwise he might miss your request.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
burntPancake
Pledge

Post by burntPancake »

MyGameCompany wrote:It would be better to send him an email. Otherwise he might miss your request.
Thank you! I just PMd BW.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:If you wanted to play Book III on multiple platforms why didn't you purchase the game from Basilisk Games?
He possibly discovered them on the AppStore. Discovery is a good thing wherever it happens.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.