True Healer

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

True Healer

Post by Painted Lady »

I have just noticed something that I'm wondering about regarding the True Healer challenge. I was recently wreaking havoc in Mirkland when I confronted the Kingspawn. He wanted to talk, but I told him there weren't going to be any negotiations. Then he turned on me, and I had to kill him. In Book II that would have broken the True Healer challenge, but it didn't do the same in Book III. Any thoughts?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: True Healer

Post by raverdave2k »

I could of sworn this broke it for me the other day as I can't think of anyone else I had killed prior to noticing I'd lost it.

Although it's possible I just turned up on his doorstep and fire balled his ass with out discussion, if so may be that's why, doing it through dialogue it's part of a quest so does not effect the challenge but if you murder him in cold blood it does :mrgreen:
Last edited by raverdave2k on March 29th, 2014, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you use the dialog, you avoid failing the True Healer challenge.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

My next question is about the final battle. I'm not sure I can keep all of my allies alive. Will that break the challenge?
serenetempest
Apprentice

Post by serenetempest »

Yes, having allies die in the final battle will cause you to fail the challenge. I found myself really wishing you could use Divine Heal on allies for this reason.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

It's going to be really hard keeping to the True Healer challenge in the final battle. I haven't seen many victory screens with the True Healer challenge met, but I know of this one: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9031#p54794, and the player explains in the post quite well what the difficulty is.