No Create Food spell?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
luther
Initiate

No Create Food spell?

Post by luther »

I'm a fair way into the game now and I'm yet to see a single Create Food scroll - neither in loot nor for sale. This is proving quite a drain as in dungeons the need to rest to restore hit and mana points saps hunger and I find I have to make trips to towns and spend a lot of money on food. I have a few points in foraging but all I ever get is cabbage and bittercup seeds, and those only quite rarely.

Does this spell not exist in Book III or have I just been incredibly unlucky with the random loot / sale items?
john1v6
Apprentice

Re: No Create Food spell?

Post by john1v6 »

Malachi's Gruel is the Book III version of Create Food. It creates food that you can eat, but it's worthless to sell (fixing the "Create Food + Innkeeper = Create Money" exploit)
There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them
luther
Initiate

Post by luther »

Ah okay, that makes sense. To be honest I don't remember seeing that scroll anywhere either but I'll travel back to the towns and see if I can find one.

Thanks for the info!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Malachi's Gruel is a Divination spell. You can pretty much always find it in Moonrise.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

The latest hit diet - Lose Pounds the Eschalon Way!

Confine yourself to a regime of cabbage and bittercup seeds and walk thirty leagues a day, and see those unsightly inches melt off! :D
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

I like to think that, given the degree of cabbage consumption which my character usually indulges in, the various towns are able to detect my imminent arrival based solely on the smell...
luther
Initiate

Post by luther »

Ok I found the scroll (in Moonrise as you said Painted Lady). So now my character gets to enjoy the odd dollop of gruel on the road between mouthfuls of cabbage and bittercup seeds..... I think I might still treat him to a steak every now and then out of pity :D
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Once my Ranger could finally sleep at night instead of wandering around foraging I found I had to remember to cast Malachi's Gruel before camping. Otherwise I would run out of food at an inconvenient time.