More questions that might be spoilers... please help

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

More questions that might be spoilers... please help

Post by lilwoofer »

1.) What actually does the potion "keensight" do for a wizard?
[+] SPOILER
Does it let me see the gravestone in old Moonrise behind the locked gate?
2.) How do I get Python for my Mac Intel Pro tower and is it "user friendly" or does it take a degree to fathom?

3.) If I choose Preset locks, chests, etc. for hardness level at the beginning of creating a character, does that mean the chests are set to a specific amount of money/loot obtained or does it still give me the fun option of saving and reopening to try to find better loot? AND if it DOES lock out my options for better loot, does it give the highest amount available for my level or what... how does that work? Some enemies drop loot (especially the HUGE gift giving skellies in Etrayu Witch cavern) and is that also limited and smaller - I have been getting loot worth sometimes over 10,000 and would like that pleasant option to buy/see better fun things as it feels like a treasure hunt...

4.) Does Element Armor spell work on me if I am trying to be armor free by the end of the game. Does it bolster my skin's strength or not work at all... just curious on this and too distracted with these new mods to try myself.

5.) These new mods so far are confusing.... Rockhammer I can read that scorpions are getting slaughtered by something but for the love of gods I cannot figure out HOW to get through the danged rock walls. I read somewhere of a hidden passage thru a green room but I cannot find a green room in the 3rd level and tried all and some bombs to no effect. And I cannot figure out the code for the Moonrise Temple. Who or what has that code and is it someone I have talked to before the mods but now have ignored as thinking they were already questioned out? IF it is someone I have talked to before, just say so but don't tell me who!!

and more to come, most likely... and why did I become an apprentice online here? I LOVED being the initiate grunt!!! <G> Grrr-Unt!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: More questions that might be spoilers... please help

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:1.) What actually does the potion "keensight" do for a wizard?
Keensight enhances your ToHit rating, which is actually most useful for characters using physical means of attack. It actually wouldn't do much for a Wizard who attacks via primarily magical means.
3.) If I choose Preset locks, chests, etc. for hardness level at the beginning of creating a character, does that mean the chests are set to a specific amount of money/loot obtained or does it still give me the fun option of saving and reopening to try to find better loot?
Do you mean the last difficulty option, reading "Random functions such as lock picking, trap disarming and item creation use a predetermined seed, forcing consistent results?" If so, its primary purpose is so you can't "savescum" (ie: saving and reloading to get better results). It won't ensure that you get any certain level of loot, really - just that if you repeatedly load a game right before you open a chest, you should get the same pseudorandom contents each time. (Whereas with the option turned off, each time you opened the chest it would be different.)
4.) Does Element Armor spell work on me if I am trying to be armor free by the end of the game. Does it bolster my skin's strength or not work at all... just curious on this and too distracted with these new mods to try myself.
The Element Armor spell actually just gives you a boost to your "Element Resistance" score, and doesn't directly affect your base armor rating. It's useful when fighting creatures which cast spells at you, or walking over lava, or through electrical zappers (of which I don't think there are any in the base Book 3 game).
And I cannot figure out the code for the Moonrise Temple. Who or what has that code
That's a tricky riddle, perhaps:
[+] SPOILER
It's related to the tombstone which mentions your lucky numbers...
and more to come, most likely... and why did I become an apprentice online here? I LOVED being the initiate grunt!!! <G> Grrr-Unt!
That status is based on how many posts you've made on the forums. :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote: 2.) How do I get Python for my Mac Intel Pro tower and is it "user friendly" or does it take a degree to fathom?
I presume you mean to use the editor? If you're on OS 10.7 and up, you ought to be able to use pre-build OS X app. You can get it from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/eschalonutils/

If you're on 10.6, you're in uncharted territory. In theory you ought to be able to get the editor running by following the linked instructions below, but no, they're not particularly user-friendly. Look under "INSTALLATION, OS X" at https://github.com/apocalyptech/eschalo ... README.txt
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Isn't that a clue for me to shut up? Isn't Pledge the very first lowest order? Which means PM liked it before I was around.... hmmm, is that a dig? Should I be offended? Well, I am not, cuz I'm too stubborn to care!!! :twisted: Thanks EVERYONE for the great support here on BG. And as for the wizard temple
[+] SPOILER
I tried those 8 numbers but only in sequence. Methinks I am gonna have to use my head a LOT more to figure those numbers arrangement.
But at least I don't have to talk to any NPC and can focus on the puzzle! Again, thanks to everyone for all their support and help.
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

xolotl wrote:
lilwoofer wrote: [...]
And I cannot figure out the code for the Moonrise Temple. Who or what has that code
That's a tricky riddle, perhaps:
[+] SPOILER
It's related to the tombstone which mentions your lucky numbers...
Moonrise Temple code? Tricky riddle? Did I miss something? Could someone please enlighten me?
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Calathon wrote:Moonrise Temple code? Tricky riddle? Did I miss something? Could someone please enlighten me?
I'd assumed it was a question relating to this mod, which features both a code and a riddle of sorts to figure out the code. :)
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Still have that pesky question about the level 3 Rockhammer Mine Modification. Anyone know what was meant when someone stated (cannot find the previous thread...) that there is an invisible access through a "green" room? Again, I can read that critters are being attacked but cannot fathom how to get out of the SE corner into the center of the mine. I am going again to try all the other access points in Rockhammer Town to see what I might have missed... And is there a thread somewhere about a walkthrough for these extra mods, including Mirkland?
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

lilwoofer wrote:Still have that pesky question about the level 3 Rockhammer Mine Modification. Anyone know what was meant when someone stated (cannot find the previous thread...) that there is an invisible access through a "green" room? Again, I can read that critters are being attacked but cannot fathom how to get out of the SE corner into the center of the mine. I am going again to try all the other access points in Rockhammer Town to see what I might have missed... And is there a thread somewhere about a walkthrough for these extra mods, including Mirkland?
[+] SPOILER
When you enter Rockhammer level 3, take the left passage and follow the tracks to the end. The passage appears to dead-end at a green-colored room that the dwarves blasted open. Push your way along the south wall of the cave until you find the hidden passage. I think I may also have left some papers or something on the ground right in front of it, to help mark the right spot.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

TY!TY!TY! And in case that was too oblique, thanks so very much 3 times over.
[+] SPOILER
I was INSIDE the room and bombed every corner, same as in the NE room and swear to gods I was frustrated, then my mouse slipped in my hand and truly accidentally I "found" the route of which you wrote, but thank you so much for heading me in the right direction.
Your mods are fantastic as is the rest of the game and series, like DUH! BUT, i have a new situation. I was back at the temple gateway but now have no "code" entry any more. Is there a limit on how many times before it never appears again? If so, THAT is beyond frustration. For slow people like myself, we need twenty or thirty tries before the gate should not be accessible! Before it was simply click on gate and try to enter the code one THOUGHT was the "answer" but now i touch the gate and voila, nothing.... Whahoppin??? And if lost, is the gate fore'er more gone or is there a way to reset it?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:I was back at the temple gateway but now have no "code" entry any more. Is there a limit on how many times before it never appears again?
You actually should only have to put in the code once, and then the necessary stuff should remain open for the rest of the game. Is there some area that's now inaccessible to you?
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

xolotl wrote:
Calathon wrote:Moonrise Temple code? Tricky riddle? Did I miss something? Could someone please enlighten me?
I'd assumed it was a question relating to this mod, which features both a code and a riddle of sorts to figure out the code. :)
Ah, thanks, that makes sense! :)
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

xolotl wrote:You actually should only have to put in the code once, and then the necessary stuff should remain open for the rest of the game. Is there some area that's now inaccessible to you?
Well, I am old and maybe losing my memory at times but wasn't touching the gate what activated the code lock window? That is what I recall. I haven't entered a code since 2 days ago trying to fathom the clue, but when I touch the gate now, nothing happens, just cold stone...

addendum, I am still trying to figure out the code so please do not give me the answer... I just want to be able to PLACE IN the code!!! Maybe something is wrong with my game and I have to restart which would REALLY bum me out since I have done so well compared to my previous pre-mod characters.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:Well, I am old and maybe losing my memory at times but wasn't touching the gate what activated the code lock window? That is what I recall. I haven't entered a code since 2 days ago trying to fathom the clue, but when I touch the gate now, nothing happens, just cold stone...
Ah, no - I just checked and it's one of the tombstones which activates the code lock window. :)
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

See? Old and losing it.... Yep, there it was. Now if i can only get my old worthless brain to figure out that danged riddle.... Legs??? What about his head and torso and arms? Where be they? No, do not answer. Okay answer, wait, no, no answer...! <G>

Also, Rockhammer mine Level 3 was spectacular and HUGE. I used up every ounce of Mana and barely made it out alive - had to run around some rocks avoiding a spider for the longest time until I had the mana to put him outta my misery but got it done! Thanks for making this episode that much better. The graphics in Volcana were VERY dark even at 100% compared to other cave areas but once I started playing at night (real time) it was just as beautiful as the rest of the lands. So thanks for this mod! One thing made me laugh is when my guy walked under the pipes, it looked like his head was floating over and body going under!!!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

lilwoofer wrote:Also, Rockhammer mine Level 3 was spectacular and HUGE. I used up every ounce of Mana and barely made it out alive - had to run around some rocks avoiding a spider for the longest time until I had the mana to put him outta my misery but got it done! Thanks for making this episode that much better. The graphics in Volcana were VERY dark even at 100% compared to other cave areas but once I started playing at night (real time) it was just as beautiful as the rest of the lands. So thanks for this mod! One thing made me laugh is when my guy walked under the pipes, it looked like his head was floating over and body going under!!!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed my mod!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland