French translation here

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
madeba
Initiate

French translation here

Post by madeba »

Hi there,
the french translation for book III is now available on this page.

I've encountered some problems with several files : magick_descriptions.txt, 127.txt and probably 104.txt.
Although these files have been translated, the texts are still in english during the game.
Does anyone know if there is a solution or a workaround?

Same question for the "environmental" texts (displayed on the bottom window). On this thread, Basilisk talks about the possiblity to translate almost everything in the third book. but i cannot find any precise informations ...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: French translation here

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

madeba wrote:I've encountered some problems with several files : magick_descriptions.txt, 127.txt and probably 104.txt. Although these files have been translated, the texts are still in english during the game.
Does anyone know if there is a solution or a workaround?

Same question for the "environmental" texts (displayed on the bottom window). On this thread, Basilisk talks about the possiblity to translate almost everything in the third book. but i cannot find any precise informations ...
The magick_descriptions and 127 text might be a bug. I'll take a look at it. The other internal text will require a bit more hands-on work which I am not going to commit to at this time. If you can get a bunch of angry French people to email and tell me they want to see the in-game stuff translated, then I'll prioritize it to the top! :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
madeba
Initiate

Post by madeba »

Thank you for your answer. The problem with the 'environmental' messages is not so important for the main story. For the book II, nobody complained about them. And for the text files in EB3, well, the translation is anyway available in case the problem is eventually solved.

By the way, you can have some feedback about these translations (book 2&3) on some french articles :
http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-13485-1-e ... in-presque
http://www.rpgfrance.com/test-10133-1-eschalon-book-iii

Basically, they say the translations are good, and (but?) almost complete. :)

ps: French speaking people are never angry, they kindly ask questions ;)
loveyouone
Pledge

Post by loveyouone »

when i change the french to chinese,It doesn't display Chinese in the game.
please help me
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

When the game is attempting to change to a non-English language, it defaults to standard system Arial/Helvetica as its font. This font doesn't contain Chinese characters.

Unfortunately, it would not be worth my time to alter the system to show Chinese (or other Asian language characters) without some kind of publishing contract in that region. Western RPGs, especially the retro, old-school kind, are not very popular in Asia.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Will your next game keep dialogue in text files?
Most likely, yes, and the lessons I've learned from Eschalon will most certainly assure that the in-game text remains flexible for alternative languages.