How many times have you finished Book III?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!

Poll Options:

Once
45%
Twice
No votes
Thrice
36%
Four or more times
18%

Total votes: 11

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: How many times have you finished Book III?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Three times for me. Twice in the original (I went back a second time after knowing where the start of the end was so that I could explore the rest of the stuff I hadn't done the first time) and once with the first four major/minor mods added in.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Beta testing gave me lots of incentive to finish the game with different builds just to see BW's reaction. From a character with no armor to one with such a high armor rating the monster could barely hit him, it was fun to see how the game got adjusted to compensate for them.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Once.

I plan to play it again with another char, but there are sooo many other things to do in life. Including other games to play.

I blame the very little re-playability since the game is so short. Dont get me wrong, I like the sleek design, I really do not see the point of more grinding and exploration that waste your time indefinitely so in the end you never even bother to finish, like Avadon and FFX-2. Its just that its to damn short. I felt like the game ended at the halfway point, if not third or even fourth...
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Leezar wrote:I blame the very little re-playability since the game is so short. Dont get me wrong, I like the sleek design, I really do not see the point of more grinding and exploration that waste your time indefinitely so in the end you never even bother to finish, like Avadon and FFX-2. Its just that its to damn short. I felt like the game ended at the halfway point, if not third or even fourth...
I agree with this, and it applies the the entire series.

The first few times I finished Book I, it really seemed to me like you should be able to keep playing, even after defeating Gramuk.

And respawning was the simple solution to this problem. I think my biggest disappointment with this series is that BW never worked in a proper way for easy mob respawning on at least some of the maps. If he had, I'd still be playing this series (esp. Book I, I think!). Oh well...
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I dont get the "short" argument unless your just rushing through the storyline, which is your perogative.

I havent finished it yet, life got in the way as did about 20 other games that just happened to catch my attention.

sometime i will finish it though..i hope. lol
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Flandarg
Initiate

Post by Flandarg »

Once, but two other attempts with different character builds became unplayable at the point of entering the code to open the gate to see the what's-his-name dragon (Karamikian?) but nothing happened, even with multiple tries. Bad enough the 2nd game, but really disappointing the 3rd game (as a mage). :evil: I just wanted to see the alternate ending.