Did you like the ending?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!

Did you like the ending of Eschalon: Book III?

Yes
28%
No
50%
I am indifferent
17%
I haven't reached the ending
6%

Total votes: 18

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Did you like the ending?

Post by Randomizer »

Too soon and I really was expecting something else. There was no feeling that you really won since you don't know if your effort saved the world.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

The ending itself was fine. The big battle was interesting and different, if not actually all that compelling gameplay. Plot-wise I like the endings I added in my mod better, of course :)

The game being too short is an entirely separate problem from the ending.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I rather like the way it ended and the uncertainty. I've noted previously that the one-way path TO the ending comes at a point that makes it too easy to have missed a lot of the content of the game, so I wished that BW had put in a warning there that you feel like whatever happens next, there would be no turning back. That would be enough warning to let players know that they may want to go finish off other quests before continuing down that path.

Could there have been some more impressive gameplay at the end? Certainly, and I know BW had wanted to make it so. But the spirit of the ending I like. The fact that he did not take the pat route, but left it open. That I liked.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Warren1965
Initiate

Post by Warren1965 »

I just finished and I have to say I liked the ending. It is also consistent with Book One's ending in you have to decide for yourself if the whole thing meant anything. I haven't finished Book Two yet so I don't know if it ends the same way.

Warren
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

I wish I could enjoy the ending, but I can't. Even today, more than two years after release I still think what could have been. Erubor would not have let Malkur walk away as he is dangerous, and Malkur would not have walked away having spent years to acquire the Crux stones. What they do is out of character. There should have been a fight to the death.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I like the ending I wrote for my mod, but then I would say that :)