Goblin key insanity

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
goma
Pledge

Goblin key insanity

Post by goma »

So I have all the keys except the one from the dude below Grimold. He didn't drop it, and as I read on another posting I took a lantern to the entire area to see if it was behind something or near a wall. No luck at all. Nothing left to do at this point. Any further suggestions?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Try to look for it one more time...be sure you are in the area that he was killed in and run your mouse along the walls, where the floor is concealed behind the wall. Look for a loot bag.

If you really can't find it, email me (along with your order number) and I can give you a cheat.
hanako
Initiate

Post by hanako »

Mine dropped it behind a door and I never saw it, but when I found out from the plot that one was supposed to be there and moused-over every tile it did turn up.
wuji
Apprentice

Post by wuji »

exactly the same thing happened to me on my first run through the game. I've spent about an hour trying to find it, searching every single tile around the place he died. nothing. in the end, i was so frustrated that I hexedited the quicksave just to finish the game. It was quite simple, there is a certain byte after the inventory name that says what it is. the goblin keys run in sequence, this key was number two, if a remember correctly. So I just renamed the item and changed that byte to reflect the key order. I had no problems finishing the last two levels after that.
Hairson
Pledge

Post by Hairson »

This may be a bug. Key wasn't dropped on my sixth game. The goblin lord was standing on a loot bag when I killed him.
huhlig
Initiate

Post by huhlig »

i have noticed this as well, if a loot bag is on the floor and another loot bag is dropped onto the same square it seems to replace it. Is this intenede?
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Goblin key insanity

Post by acoustibop »

That's odd; I've had a loot bag dropped on top of another sometimes, and the first one's still there after I've helped myself to the one on top.

I'm using the Linux version, which was only issued as version 1.04. Which versions of the game are you two using?