New player

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Merelam
Pledge

New player

Post by Merelam »

Hello,

I tried the game this morning and it reminded me a lot of the old ultima ( I spent a lot of time on 3,4 and 5, real masterpieces). I bought it immediately.
I really love the isometric view. I use exclusively Linux (home and work) and would like to thank you for making this game available on this platform.

I have a small suggestion. I noticed in the beginning that the creatures where visible on the screen while not in the line of sigh of my avatar.
I recall on the old games that hiding everything out of sight add a lot of tention and stress., I loved that impression that everything could happen in the next room, behind the next turn in the woods... something might be hidden behind a wall... be careful !

I hope that the next version will be be ported too, I really like this kind of games.
Thank you again.

Yours,
Guillaume.
Cal
Apprentice

Post by Cal »

That's not a bad idea...like the Fog of War in the first Warcraft games.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Seehere, Guillaume - all Basilisk games will be produced with native Linux versions. Pretty positive, hmm?
Merelam
Pledge

Post by Merelam »

That's great!

Now that I spent some time on the game (but very far from completion) I am enjoying it even more.

I hope the next release will keep the balance between fast paced fights and tactics.

Yours,
Guillaume.