Divine ore quest - Spoiler request

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
toot033
Pledge

Divine ore quest - Spoiler request

Post by toot033 »

I've been trying to find where the bandit camp is that has the divine ore. I have cleared the area east of town ( avoided all teh sink holes) and still can't find the ore.
Can any one please give me some help in this quest?
Thanks in advance
Variol
Apprentice

Re: Divine ore quest - Spoiler request

Post by Variol »

Thanks, I was wondering about that too!

Hey toot, hows it gon'?
Dunkman
Initiate

Post by Dunkman »

80000 experience? I've got only 23000 at the moment and facing a bunch of minotaurs. I can't even kill one, so how do I need to take that ore?
chicknstu
Pledge

Post by chicknstu »

Hi there. I'm stuck at a part just after the puzzle described in the 'spoiler' above.

A little way along the corridor I've come across some kegs of Blackpowder that explode if I try and walk past them. Is there a way to get rid of them? I thought of throwing Demon oil at them or something but that doesn't seem to be an option!

Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

chicknstu wrote:Hi there. I'm stuck at a part just after the puzzle described in the 'spoiler' above.

A little way along the corridor I've come across some kegs of Blackpowder that explode if I try and walk past them. Is there a way to get rid of them? I thought of throwing Demon oil at them or something but that doesn't seem to be an option!

Do you have a bow & arrow? or perhaps distance magic of some kind or a rock? Don't waste Demon oil on barrels of any kind.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
chicknstu
Pledge

Post by chicknstu »

I do have a bow and arrow, but I can't seem to use them to attack barrels. Magic's the same. It just says "Must be cast on a living target". Is there some special method for doing this?
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

I haven't played in a while so I might have the key you need to press incorrect, but I believe you need to hold down shift and then when you mouse over the barrel it should show the attack cursor then while still holding down shift merely attack with the ranged weapon of your choice.

Yeah divination damage spells I've found only work on "living" targets (including the undead), there might be an exception to that but not that I know of.

However some elemental spells (specifically fire dart) will work fine on explosive barrels but again you may have to shift click I don't remember.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Hold the shift key down to shoot barrels.
chicknstu
Pledge

Post by chicknstu »

Thanks guys!