I threw away the blue goblin key

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
avv
Initiate

I threw away the blue goblin key

Post by avv »

I threw it away early in the game because I thought I used it in the Grimhold to open some door and didn't know it had future use. Is there any way to get past the black stone in citadel anymore?
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: I threw away the blue goblin key

Post by acoustibop »

If you have (AIR) the green key from Shadowmirk, avv, put it away somewhere and go and get another one - you can do this if you don't have the original with you.

It doesn't actually matter what colour the Goblin keys are, as long as you have 4 (no more, no less) of them. ;)
avv
Initiate

Post by avv »

What do you mean by getting another one? the green key is obtained from the giant chief :?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

avv wrote:What do you mean by getting another one? the green key is obtained from the giant chief :?

Doesn't matter about the colors, just how many you have. You can get an extra/replacement by going to Shadowmark on the top floor. Don't talk to the mage, he gave you one the last time around. Just check the chest in his room and take that one.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Higher Game
Initiate

Post by Higher Game »

So THAT explains why I got a widget when I looked into his chest. :lol:
avv
Initiate

Post by avv »

I've visited the mage 3 times. 1st I hadn't unlocked the certain dialog with the mage and just emptied his chest. Second time I got the dialog but then his chest was empy already. 3rd time I went there for fun and the chest was still empty. I got the widget.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

avv wrote:What do you mean by getting another one? the green key is obtained from the giant chief :?
That's why I said "If you have (AIR) the green key from Shadowmirk," avv, to indicate that I wasn't sure of the colour. Perhaps you should read posts more carefully... ;)
avv
Initiate

Post by avv »

Well anyway, is it now so that I cannot finish the game with that character? I've tried to search for item trainers or such without much luck. I found a item duplication bug but it doesn't work.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

avv: I'm sending you a private message....
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
iloutzu
Pledge

Post by iloutzu »

Hi, I have the same problem as avv. I put all the other keys in a chest, visited Shadowmirk, checked the mage's chest, and it was empty (I already got the widget when I first visited him). Could you please tell me what to do? Thanks!
azraelck
Senior Steward

Post by azraelck »

iloutzu wrote:Hi, I have the same problem as avv. I put all the other keys in a chest, visited Shadowmirk, checked the mage's chest, and it was empty (I already got the widget when I first visited him). Could you please tell me what to do? Thanks!
First off, are you sure you got every key?

There's tone in Grimmhold, Shadowmirk, Giant's Village, and Vela. I actually had to backtrack, and realized I had left a large part of Vela still inhabited. It's not anymore. :twisted:
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe
hp5000
Pledge

Post by hp5000 »

Hi!

I got the same problem. I have already double-checked the other locations, but the key is not in any chest.
What widget are you talking about? I got a widget in my inventory which looks like a white gear-wheel. I think I found it in the chest of the magician, but I can not say for sure.

How can I finish the game without this key?

Regards!
hp5000
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

hp5000 wrote:Hi!

I got the same problem. I have already double-checked the other locations, but the key is not in any chest.
What widget are you talking about? I got a widget in my inventory which looks like a white gear-wheel. I think I found it in the chest of the magician, but I can not say for sure.

How can I finish the game without this key?

Regards!
hp5000
hp5000, there's no "in-game" way to fix the problem. Go here: http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... f=3&t=1770 for a solution (last entry on the page).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

hp5000 wrote:What widget are you talking about? I got a widget in my inventory which looks like a white gear-wheel. I think I found it in the chest of the magician, but I can not say for sure.
That widget (gear wheel thing) is not used anywhere in Book I. It is a teaser, and my guess is that it will show up again in Book III. It appeared briefly in Book II, but disappeared during an upgrade to the software. You may safely ignore it.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Painted Lady wrote: That widget (gear wheel thing) is not used anywhere in Book I. It is a teaser, and my guess is that it will show up again in Book III. It appeared briefly in Book II, but disappeared during an upgrade to the software. You may safely ignore it.
I suspect it's the "default" item and not meant to appear in the game. Both times it did were as the result of bugs.