proper storage space

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dobson
Initiate

proper storage space

Post by dobson »

Is there a proper storage space that would store more than 8 items in the game? Or a nice house with many crates/drawers etc where I could store more stuff?
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: proper storage space

Post by JyriErik »

Best spot I've found is up north in Bordertown. There are several chests/casks close enough to each other that it makes a good drop off spot (plus you can quick travel to it)

Jyri
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

You can use dropped loot bags as chests. Pick an easy spot and farm a few thugs or goblins early in the game (just sleep until attacked).
When you open the loot bag make sure you leave one item in it to keep it from disappearing.
Pixelante
Initiate

Post by Pixelante »

Be careful with the chest in Bordertown by the forge. I used it for days until the smith got too close, and he "witnessed a crime!" when I tried to get my stuff out. Easily fixed by taking a nap in the woods and using the resulting goblins to lure him back out of sight of the chest, but still annoying.

But yeah, for Chapter 2 it would be all kinds of awesome to have a set travel point near a building full of chests and drawers that we can use for storage. I've got stuff scattered across two towns right now.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Later on the portal spell opens up some nice options as well.

There's a shack on beach in Eastern Salted Coast that has at least 4 barrels in it, might be more storage around there as well. You can quicktravel from there, which is nice.

If you don't mind having to portal both in and out of an area, there are a whole bunch of sarcophagases etc close together in the North Parish Family Crypt.

In my current game I'm using roughly 12 containers so far, but I'm a collector. This is just prior to attacking the goblin citadel, I've done pretty much everything else.
recluse
Apprentice

Post by recluse »

Me too.
Very early in the game, I stashed items I couldn't yet use in the chest in the Bethel. When I tried to retrieve them, the freakin' priest attacked me for "stealing" my own property. Sort of like that deal mentioned about the blacksmith. Make certain that items are stashed where no one will see you removing them.
The advice in the game's tips is misleading and should perhaps mention this problem? Or am I too used to another game, where all MY stuff belongs to ME until I sell it or drop it?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Think of it as stealing from the church's donation box...once you put it in there, it is no longer yours! :P
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
recluse
Apprentice

Post by recluse »

Yeah, sorta what I figgered . . . until it happened again elsewhere. Don't stash stuff where somebody else is around, or it will become "theirs." You can't get it back without a fight unless you sneak in and "steal" it back. S-L-O-W process to pull everything from the box one item at a time, while the g-d priest wanders in and out of view. Took me all "night" and much of the "morning" to finally unload that chest. But I'm too stubborn to give it all up, still to weak to challange the community.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

You can also do this while Hidden or Invisible. Or, if you piss them off while taking stuff from their chests, you can cast "Charm" on them and after it wears off they'll no longer be mad at you.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Elderhollow has quite a few chests and barrels, and there's nobody around. You can even store stuff on the skeletons. The only drawback is you have to walk there, unless you can portal.
AnthonyK
Initiate

Post by AnthonyK »

Has anyone ever had an issue with the items coming up missing? This is the first time it's happened to me, I put the Easter Egg, and the first two notes you get into the chest at the Aridel inn and they've come up missing. The notes I'm not to wirried about, but the egg, well... I'm gonna have to restart to get it back. Good thing I hadn't gotten too far in this game. I'm trying a pure warrior build.