Any way to turn sounds off?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Any way to turn sounds off?

Post by Lord_P »

Holy balls, this thread is now a double-zombie!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Never wrote:I know this is a MASSIVE necropost
Lord_P wrote:this thread is now a double-zombie!
Relatedly (though off-topic), I have never understood some forums' hostility towards "necroposting." Like, why wouldn't you continue to post in a topic that's apropos of what you wanted to talk about? Why have two separate posts for the same issue, even if the incidents might be months or years apart?

Anyway, alternatively, Book 1 does store its sound files right out there in the filesystem - if you were so inclined, you could find the soundfiles which annoy you and replace them with a few seconds of silence. :)
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I'm not hostile, it's just funny that this thread has been brought back from the dead 2 times.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Lord_P wrote:I'm not hostile, it's just funny that this thread has been brought back from the dead 2 times.
Oh, yeah, sorry - didn't mean to imply that you were. I was actually only referring to other forums that I've seen around the internet where posting in old threads is met with hostility. :)
lividimp
Pledge

Post by lividimp »

xolotl wrote:
Never wrote:I know this is a MASSIVE necropost
Lord_P wrote:this thread is now a double-zombie!
Relatedly (though off-topic), I have never understood some forums' hostility towards "necroposting." Like, why wouldn't you continue to post in a topic that's apropos of what you wanted to talk about? Why have two separate posts for the same issue, even if the incidents might be months or years apart?
Thank you xolotl. If I would have started another thread, I would have been chastised even more for that. No winning with some people.
xolotl wrote: Anyway, alternatively, Book 1 does store its sound files right out there in the filesystem - if you were so inclined, you could find the soundfiles which annoy you and replace them with a few seconds of silence. :)
Sure, but I also could just reprogram all my games until they are to my liking, but of course that defeats the whole point of purchasing someone else's game. Genuine thanks for the tip though.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lividimp wrote:Thank you xolotl. If I would have started another thread, I would have been chastised even more for that. No winning with some people.
Naw, these forums are quite friendly. Nobody would've complained either way. :) I was just blathering and apparently shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place!