Savefile Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 15, 2014)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Savefile Character / Map Editor v1.0.1 (April 15, 2014)

Post by SpottedShroom »

Hm. Worked fine for me. I just let the game make me a new eschalon_b1_saved_games directory, then copied your files into one of the slots, and it loaded right up. Try replacing your whole eschalon_b1_saved_games (or whatever it is on your platform that contains the slot* directories) with this.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3830179184
Naetalis
Initiate

Post by Naetalis »

This looks to have worked! Thanks a ton!!
Amyrakunejo
Initiate

Post by Amyrakunejo »

This is an excellent editing tool.

I like being able to create new maps, edit existing ones to assist in item storage, and hopefully, at some point be able to go to new maps without invalid access violation errors.

I also like being able to manipulate items and create new ones or even have my character have status boosts for long periods of time.

Heh, changing the weight of arrows so that 500+ arrows equipped doesn't become 50 weight? Brilliant.

Or, how about making gems stackable? Sweetness.

My only issue is not being able to make a potion that restores both Health and Mana (it only restored Health.)
ferretgrandpa
Initiate

Post by ferretgrandpa »

For 'Never Empty' Potions, I use an existing potion and change the script. For mana use 'Restore 90', For Healing, 'heal 90 6'. make sure to remove "to_flask" if you want to make it 'Never Empty".

I've even built 'Dirty Dave's Dungeon Draught', gives Gravediggers Flame, Cat's Eyes and Predator Sight, all in one 'Never Empty' bottle.

When I do this, I always add many, many, more enemies to my maps. I think it is better to earn your experience points, rather than just adding them, also a lot more fun. I also change the value of anything I've made to ZERO. One time I made a set of trainer books, each weighted 500 pounds, with a high gold value, but you could not get them to a store to sell, my grandson didn't like that.

I like to think of it as assisting, not cheating. (it does allow me to keep a minimal stat character running long enough to build up.

ps - if you add too many anythings, the game will crash.