Need Game Help (Shadowmirk, Goblin Citadel)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
robert_aronson
Initiate

Need Game Help (Shadowmirk, Goblin Citadel)

Post by robert_aronson »

Hi all. I'm having a problem getting into Shadowmirk to continue the main quest. I can't get the door open, and I've explored all the land around it. I'm no spellcaster so magic won't work to get it open.

I'm also unable to progress further inside the Goblin Citadel as all the gates are closed and I can't find switches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Need Game Help (Shadowmirk, Goblin Citadel)

Post by AK_Marty »

Did you try going through the marsh to the east, then north to the water, then west through the trees? There is a back door to be found.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

As for the goblin citadel, you can't get in through the gates, but there's another way. Think demolition.
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

When getting into Shadowmirk, remember that you can walk through water that's sufficiently shallow (i.e. very close to the shore). If you get stuck, just try skirting the walls as closely as you can all round until you find a suitable point of ingress.
robert_aronson
Initiate

Post by robert_aronson »

I managed to get in, but I've run into another problem. I have no idea what to do with the two chests. I've done everything I can do on the first floor but the Easter Egg thing and the chests. (I have one Easter Egg so far.)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

robert_aronson wrote:I managed to get in, but I've run into another problem. I have no idea what to do with the two chests. I've done everything I can do on the first floor but the Easter Egg thing and the chests. (I have one Easter Egg so far.)
Look at the signs, they give a clue as to what should be put in there. At least one of the items can be found on the main floor.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Dragonlady wrote:
robert_aronson wrote:I managed to get in, but I've run into another problem. I have no idea what to do with the two chests. I've done everything I can do on the first floor but the Easter Egg thing and the chests. (I have one Easter Egg so far.)
Look at the signs, they give a clue as to what should be put in there. At least one of the items can be found on the main floor.
In fact, both items can be found on the first floor past the skeleton rooms.
TheBrit
Initiate

Post by TheBrit »

Once you get all 3 easter eggs you may want to hold off using them until you have just achieved a level up - that maximises their use.
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

when u r in the citadel when u finally reach the gate which u cant open after discovering th whole map hit the last swich bfore that gate and the closed gate will open then ull be able to get to the 2nd level
Why Hurt Each Other While Fighting The whole World
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

of crs u need the 4 keys to open the big gate to level 2 but im talking about the last gate before the black piramid(where u put the 4 keys) which is a bit hared to guess
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

paradoxmoe89 wrote:of crs u need the 4 keys to open the big gate to level 2 but im talking about the last gate before the black piramid(where u put the 4 keys) which is a bit hared to guess
Ah, you mean to get into the room with the obelisk. You have to close a different set of gates to open that one. Wouldn't want those pesky spiders (and other goblins) finding their way into the central room. Of course, the last guy who tried to flip that lever is still there...
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

To talk plane i shut all the gates i passed in the circle way untill i reached the obelisk(black pyramid) put the keys and went forward till the end f the game.
Matt3223
Pledge

Post by Matt3223 »

[edit]
I got it figured out.
[/edit]

old thread, but it was related to my problems.

The two chests at Shadowmirk... I think I get the hints as to what needs placed in them, but I've had no success. The items I think need to go in there are "unknown" to my character. Do I need to have these identified for them to work?
Of course, I may just be being dense as well. :)

I'm cool with PMs if we need to get specific.

Thanks.