E:B1 Version 1.05

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: E:B1 Demo version 1.05 [beta]

Post by Randomizer »

I was going to download Beta 3, but I guess I didn't miss anything.

Crazy Bernie - You wake up without your memory and find that you forgot to pay for the lights. :)
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Well it's not load-game related, but I did find away to start the game a level ahead in Skill Points ^_^

Here's how I did it:

Start New Game

Rolled Stats...

Selected Fighter for my class

Selected all my fighter skills and spent all my skill points on them.

Switched to Rogue. Voila! It takes the extra point away from the swords skill but does not remove any of the skills that cost 3SP apiece, resulting in a -2 SP. Obviously this will wash since there will only be a 1 SP gain come first level up... but class switching should result in resetting of skills I supppose. Technically it allowed my "Fighter" to start out with an extra skill, picklocks!

Observe...

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, this is a consequence of giving back your Class granted skill after putting points into it...but did you try to exit the Character Editor? It should have made you "sell back" those -2 points before continuing.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

BETA 4 for Macintosh is up. See first link for info.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

BETA 4 for Linux is up. See first post for info.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Yes, this is a consequence of giving back your Class granted skill after putting points into it...but did you try to exit the Character Editor? It should have made you "sell back" those -2 points before continuing.
Yeah you're right. I didn't notice that part 'cause I was too busy being honest and wanted that extra point in my Sword skill... 0_o

In other news, I spent the last couple of hours re-rolling every chest, corpse, and barrel I could find without a single problem. I estimate to have reloaded well over 200 times. I then reloaded all ten save slots one after the other a good ten times through, so another 100 or so reloads there. Mind you, I've played through v1.04 without ever having this location problem, and probably reloaded over a thousand times if you count every chest reroll.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I played Beta4 Mac version on my laptop last night for so long my carpal tunnel syndrome started to act up. Couldn't find any bugs so far. Though I did find the same hitting the barrel and doing extra damage bit. I took a screen shot and kept a separate save for when I first noticed it. I think I'm doing more damage due to strength but the character sheet doesn't reflect that fact. Is it a hidden add in?
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Beta 4 Mac version 1.05 with a new character and save folder generated with this version.

No save and reload bug errors after over 100 reloads. I'll need to try a few more areas, but with the earlier versions I should have seen it.

I didn't see any other bugs in Beta 2 for the demo area.

I noticed that the chance of opening locked chests is 1% lower than my notes for the older versions.

One weird thing, if you have the box giving an item's description open and command-tab to another window (to check my notes), when you return the cursor will drag the description box to a different location.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Version 1.05 is final. Top post has been update.
MaT
Initiate

Post by MaT »

I just seen similar problems with fonts as in thist post. First thought that it is related to 1.05 version, but it was the same in 1.04. But I found a solution - downgrade of nVidia drivers from 180.22 (in Debian, it is now marked as "experimental" to 173.14 (in Debian as "unstable").
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: E:B1 Version 1.05

Post by Randomizer »

Still managed to get stuck in the trees in Baron's Thicket at (98,93) by crossing over from Northern Tangletree Forest just a little too north of the road.

The fix for Gruzz seems to work.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I can also report (using my "Cartographer" character) that barrels do now successfully show up as "violet" dots on the automap. (It's actually more like a pink-purple, which makes it a little hard to see sometimes.)

I haven't gone after Siam yet - I'll try that one of these days...
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

+ Game no longer crashes if Siam attacks you.

I tried killing Siam and after doing about 35 damage and not killing him the game still crashed when he attacks. I get to see the messages about others hearing or seeing the crime.

Mac version 1.05
dpd282
Initiate

Post by dpd282 »

Ok I had previously bought and played this game on my laptop that has Windows XP. I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista and purchased this game again. Downloaded the game and played 33 hours more or less with no problems. Quick saved and closed the game down with no apparent problems. Came back later, opened the game, started playing again and when I tried to quick save I got an error message saying the game couldn't save. Checked my save box and found that it is completely blank. Nothing at all in the box. I haven't messed with any of the game files, therefore nothing has been moved out of any of the game folders. I rebooted my computer and the save box is still empty. Tried starting a new game with a new character and the save box is still empty. Has anyone else ran into this and if so, how did you fix it? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? And if I do, will I lose all my previous progress on the game to this point? Sorry this is so long, but help! lol Thanks.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Mac ver 1.05

Shady Character appears a second time in ambush when leaving Blackwater. Not that there's anything wrong with it. More experience. :)