Wonderful game

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
jonny cache
Pledge

Wonderful game

Post by jonny cache »

I just wanted to say that having just bought this game I'm having a blast, really enjoying it and looking forward to Book II.

Only minor gripe would be the lack of useful infomation regarding Sats and their true value on charecter creation, for example my first character was a magic user for which I pumped Int at the cost of all else (as suggested in the charactor editor) and ended up with a small mana pool that regenerated too slowly to make the character viable. Second time (after browsing these forums) pumped Perception and wow the difference was incredible.

Thanks for the great game.
jonny cache
Pledge

Re: Wonderful game

Post by jonny cache »

Quick question, I'd like to play the game while my partner listens to my itunes but I can't seem to turn all the sound effects off, am I missing something obvious?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

In Book I there's no in-game way to turn off all of the sounds. BW says this is fixed in Book II.

The solution is to use a utility that grabs audio streams, I use Audio Hijack on my Mac. I grab the Eschalon audio stream into Audio Hijack and just click the Mute. :) I believe there are similar utilities for Windows and Linux if you just search around a bit.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
jonny cache
Pledge

Post by jonny cache »

Excellent, thanks for the advice Kreador, I'll hunt around.
alenmcmilan
Pledge

Post by alenmcmilan »

I want to recommend you my favorite game collection name here..Any buddy ever play this game before?

Counter strike
Super maria
Need for speed Underground
Need for speed Undercover
Final fantasy
Modern warfare
COD
Halo 3
MOTO GT