Early Game -- Amulet Quest -- Lever? (spoilers)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
madrigan
Initiate

Early Game -- Amulet Quest -- Lever? (spoilers)

Post by madrigan »

Hello all, after two false starts I have a build I can live with and I'm trying to find "my" amulet in the Eversleep crypt. I fought the two Noximanders, and have passed by a bunch of coffins, and come to a door I can't open. I found a walkthru that says there's a lever to open this door. Well, I can't find one anywhere. I've been through the entire crypt as far as I know, aside from some locked rooms. Is there really a lever? Or do I need to do something else for a while to get to 3rd level so I can get the lockpicking skill?

Thanks.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Early Game -- Amulet Quest -- Lever? (spoilers)

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Did you ask the young man working on his alchemical formula there in the crypt? You must have missed going to the office to get the security key.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
madrigan
Initiate

Post by madrigan »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Did you ask the young man working on his alchemical formula there in the crypt? You must have missed going to the office to get the security key.
Hi, thanks. I did talk to that guy, and I believe we had a discussion about me having permission to enter the crypt, which ended with him giving me the key. I will talk to him again, though.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

He doesn't give you a key. He tells you where to get it (from the office). You have to get past a couple bloodsippers and find the key in the office. The main door to that office is locked, so if you have to go around through the gate down the hall, kill the bloodsippers, and come back in through the room that looks like a cafeteria, but is where he preps the bodies.
---

madrigan
Initiate

Post by madrigan »

Sorry to be so dense. Let me make sure I'm in the right room to find the key. There's a barrel outside full of blood. The first room has tables like a cafeteria as you said, and then beyond that there's a smaller room with a cabinet and a locked door? I've been in that room before, and taken everything out of the cabinet, but I still can't open the door in question. It has a Danger sign near it and a "rare, dwarven-crafted tumbler lock."

I should also mention that along the passageway to that corner where one enters the area with the bloodsippers and the "cafeteria," there is a room with a locked door that I can't get into either. Maybe that is another present or future problem?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Okay, off the room with the tables, there are two doors, each leading to a room with a cabinet. One has skulls and a machete, the other has the key.
---

madrigan
Initiate

Post by madrigan »

If I were any dumber, I couldn't type this. I never noticed that door in the corner before! I found it and from there it was just surviving those mummy-thingies. Thanks!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Glad to help. You wouldn't believe some of the things I missed the first few times through. ;)
---

rhban
Pledge

Post by rhban »

I think that's going to help me too - in fact, I had given up and am currently trying to do the Blacksmith's quest - but I will go back. One thing that puzzled me though: at some point after pulling the three levers and fighting the bloodsippers in the bottom room, the key I got from cleaning out the basement disappeared from my inventory. Does that mean I have somehow "used" it or is it a bug in my Mac version?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Keys get used when you reach the correct door for it in Book 1.
rhban
Pledge

Post by rhban »

It would have been nice if it had told me. The first time it happened, I thought I'd done something wrong and I started right from the beginning again. At least, I made my character a bit better this time.