Level cap?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Pika
Initiate

Level cap?

Post by Pika »

So I heard the level cap for Eschalon Book 1 was around 20.

But where in the world would you find enough quests to complete and enough things to kill to reach level 20?

I'm level 14, but could find that I could comfortably storm the citadel at level 13 (I could do like 95 if I had a crit. hit....).

I even killed most of the goblins in the courtyard for exp. and then went and betrayed all the giants...

Then I went and killed Father Michael cause... well... he sucks. As well as Penelope.

THEN I killed half the acolytes in Shadowmirk, everything in Rotwood, took all the Easter Eggs and got the free level, and basically emptied every dungeon, and Crakamir.

And I'm STILL level 14, even though I've done all the quests.

I don't want to get exp off the Spire Guards until I'm level 20...
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Level cap?

Post by Unclever title »

The golden Statue in the Goblin Citadel will attempt to curse you if you examine it, fill the room with fire and summon goblins to kill you. The goblins keep coming repeatedly, as much as you want. It might take a while but that's one way to gain a fair few levels.

Also, have you gone through the Ossuary and the Lighthouse yet? The Ossuary has quite a few skeletons not to mention a great source of ectoplasm (Though if you stormed the citadel at 13 I'm guessing you have enough enchanted equipment). The lighthouse has several dimensional eyes and bonus experience at the top.

These are just some things off the top of my head.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

When all else fails you could just camp and wait for encounters to occur while sleeping. They increase in hardness with you level so you will get some decent experience.

Camp near a border so you can slip across if you get too wounded.
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

The easiest way I've found to get "infinite" XP (and money) is in the ossuary. You can essentially create as many spooks as you want, kill them for the XP & ectoplasm until your inventory is full, sell the ectoplasm for the money & repeat until you've broken the 20th level and have (insert pinky by mouth) "one MILLION dollars!".

Jyri
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

soybostero93 wrote:Pika: have you used the three Easter Eggs?
Pika wrote:took all the Easter Eggs and got the free level
myrddinbach
Initiate

Post by myrddinbach »

JyriErik wrote:The easiest way I've found to get "infinite" XP (and money) is in the ossuary. You can essentially create as many spooks as you want, kill them for the XP & ectoplasm until your inventory is full, sell the ectoplasm for the money & repeat until you've broken the 20th level and have (insert pinky by mouth) "one MILLION dollars!".

Jyri
Ok - how do you "create" the spooks? Is there some specific place you have to be or action you have to perform to create them? Or do you mean just wander around and wait for them to appear?
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

Sorry. To create the spooks, you fill the four chests, and then open/close the gate that they make possible to open. Each time the gate opens a spook appears in the main hallway from which you entered that area (just shut the door leading in & when you're ready, open it, kill as many as you want, close it, rest & repeat).

Jyri
shio'n orin
Pledge

Post by shio'n orin »

the case is, i don't know what to put in those four chests :? :? i know there are some descriptions but i don't get it. i thought there would be some special items but it seems there are not. so could U tell me what those items are and how did U manage to find out?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

shio'n orin wrote:the case is, i don't know what to put in those four chests :? :? i know there are some descriptions but i don't get it. i thought there would be some special items but it seems there are not. so could U tell me what those items are and how did U manage to find out?
The answer is in one of the posts (or more) here in the forum. They're all four common items that you will find in drops or can be purchased in shops for very little money. The only tricky one for most people is the womb for a tree (I had to find the answer here on the forums, then smacked myself on the head for not getting it).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
function.require
Apprentice

Post by function.require »

Warning for major Spoiler!!!!

I still think this is the best way to gain experience in EBI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVs78eUKeQ
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

function.require wrote:Warning for major Spoiler!!!!

That - is - insane! :lol:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

function.require wrote:Warning for major Spoiler!!!!

THAT method is best accompanied by maniacal laughter.

I am so going to do this now.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

*Anyone for Crispy Critters for lunch?"

:lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
function.require
Apprentice

Post by function.require »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed watching it.

I hit the goblin statue 46 times for 138 goblins. Of course you will have to have super wisdom to avoid a curse testing the goblin god that many times. I normally just have a portal saved next to the priest in Blackwater. Even if you didn't have the strength to move, he'll be standing right there when you open up the portal.