Um...Bees?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Um...Bees?

Post by Evnissyen »

I have a few pertinent saves, if you want them?

(However, they're not pertinent to bee swarms.)

(Actually, I have a few impertinent saves, as well. I won't go into them. I don't want to reward their... um... impertinence.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Nomen luni
Initiate

Post by Nomen luni »

Thanks for the response, Evnissyen,

I'm only interested in a save that shows the buggy bee. If you have anything with that in, please mail it to me schtan <underscore> cooper <at> hotmail <dot> com.

Cheers
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Sorry, Nomen, I was only joking, I actually don't have anything. :|

Maybe someone else does.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Oh holy hell! I just stumbled across some kind of simliar thing while re-playing Book 1... Went to Lilith's for the first time (still relatively early in the game), was on my way out, and there were many tens of bees waiting for me. As I move in, it does look like there's some kind of bugged center area, though if I edit my character up to the level where he can actually take on the bees, I'm able to kill them all and they don't seem to continue spawning.

Rather frightening, given that my character is totally not able to deal with those at the moment!

Anyway, here's a saveflie for y'all, will unzip to "slot10" - http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6v0nm

Just head back out from Lilith's and you'll run into them very shortly. Later I'll load that thing up in my map editor to see if there's something obviously-screwy causing the mass of bees.

Oh, and this is on 1.05 of Book 1; I haven't gotten around to requesting a 1.06 download link. Perhaps this is one of the glitches that got fixed in there. Oh, and also also, this runthrough was using Jedi_Learner's (excellent) Thaermore Revisited mod, so it's not quite a vanilla Book 1 runthrough, though since people were seeing this beeswarm last year, I'd guess that that's probably not a factor.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I've definitely noticed the swarm of bees on the way back from Lilith's house, but didn't figure it was a bug. Knowing it's there makes it a good XP generator - probably faster than camping for Tauraxes.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Image

Code: Select all

drop_ent 12 14623 ; drop_ent 12 14523 ; drop_ent 12 14724
In Lilith's house the tile next to the locked door has the above code. When you step on this tile three Hive Drones spawn southwest of the house.

Code: Select all

; destroy_script
Adding the above to the end of the code would stop the script from repeating. I'm sure this was a simple mistake by Basilisk Games and not intended.
I definitely think this discovery is worth E-mailing or PM'ing BW, JL, if you haven't already. But this seems like an easy Book I bug to 'squash' with this info. :)

But this tracks with my recollection - I think the only Book I playthrough where I encountered a "bee swarm" was the one in which I picked that lock to break into Lilith's chest to steal that dagger of hers... :twisted:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I thought you were compiling a list of bugs for Book I? Add it to your list. :P
Oh, all right... - Done! (I've logged this as a "Map Issue" bug. But it's been added to the Known Book I Bugs list I've been working on...)